Bengali spicy battered fish fry or Machhi pakoda
My Mom sometime made this pakora at home. As you know Fish is easily available in Kolkata. This is a very quick and easy Starter Or Snack recipe to make. If your guests planed to come to your place, and can not understand what to make, bring some fish fillets from the market and make this awesome but easy Snacks. Pakoras are created by taking one or two ingredients such as onion, eggplant, potato, spinach, plantain, paneer, cauliflower, tomato, chili pepper, or occasionally bread, fish or chicken and dipping them in a batter of gram flour and then deep-frying them. Pakoras are usually served as snacks or appetizers. Pakoras are popular as a fast food snack in all over the world
This is a very quick and easy Starter Or Snack recipe to make.
Ingredients of Bengali Fish Pakora
- White boneless fish fillet 2 fillets cut into 2"/2" pieces
- Chaat masala 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves Paste 4 tablespoons
- Cornflour 4 tablespoons
- Egg White of 1 egg
- Garlic(Minced) 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon
- Green chili paste 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
- Onion paste 2 tablespoons
- Rice flour 2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying-
How to make Bengali Fish Pakora Recipe
- Clean the fish fillets and cut into 2"/2" pieces and pat dry with paper towel.
- Now take a bowl and make a batter with lemon juice, onion, ginger, garlic paste, green chilli paste, coriander paste, salt, egg white, rice flour & cornflour and marinate the fish pieces in this batter for 2 hr.
- After 2 hrs take out the fish pieces from the batter and deep fry till its color changes to golden.
- Put the pakoras on paper towel and before serving sprinkle with some chat masala on it and serve hot.
Serving TipsServe pakora with sliced onion and ketchup.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.75/5
No of likes - 265