Bengali Style Baked Salmon Or Bhapa Sorshe Machh
Steamed fish is a very popular Bengali side dish. Normally this bhapa mach is made with Ilish /Hilsha Or Bhetki(Sea Perch). But here I've made a fusion dish with Salmon in steamed style with mustard+poppy seed+coconut paste gravy. Belive me you are going to love this fusion.
Steamed fish is a very popular Bengali side dish. Normally this bhapa mach is made with Ilish /Hilsha Or Bhetki(Sea Perch).
Ingredients of Bengali Baked Salmon
- Salmon fillets boneless skinless 8 pieces
- Mustard oil 4 tbsp
- Poppy seeds 4 tbsp
- White mustard seed 4 tbsp
- Grated coconut 1 cup
- Green chili 6
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
How to make Bengali Baked Salmon Recipe
- Cut the fish into 4"/3" pieces and marinate with some salt & turmeric and keep aside for 1 hr. Now make a smooth paste with mustard seed, poppy seed, 4 green chilies, salt and some water .
- Add grated coconut & turmeric pwd into the paste and mix well.
- Marinate the fish pieces with this paste and mix the remaining water with it and place the marinated fish in a ovenproof baking dish.
- Pour mustard oil on the marinated fish and place some silted green chilies on it and cover with aluminum foil and place the dish into the preheated oven on 350F for 45 mins.
- After 45mins turn off the oven and remove the baking dish from the oven but do not open it immediately. After 10 min open it and serve it with steamed rice.
Serving TipsBefore serving to make this dish more spicy and rich you can add 1 tablespoon mustard oil on it.
NotesYou can replace salmon with fresh 'Hilsa' Or 'Prawn'.
Recipe Review Details
Bengali Style Baked Salmon Or Bhapa Sorshe Machh Bengali
Recipe Rank - 4.57/5
No of likes - 617