Vermicelli Kheer or Semiya Payasam is a sweet dish which is made with vermicelli or seyaian, milk & sugar.
Indian Vermicelli Kheer or Seviyan/Simui er payesh
Vermicelli Kheer or Semiya Payasam is a sweet dish which is made with vermicelli or seyaian, milk & sugar. It is made in every Indian household for special occasions like birthdays, weddings or other festive occasions. Vermicelli Kheere is a very tasty sweet dish, and healthy too.
Ingredients of Vermicelli Kheer
- Vermicelli or sevaiyan - 1 cup coarsely broken
- Milk (Whole) - 5 cups Or Half N Half - 3 cups
- Almond - 10 roughly chopped
- Butter/Melted Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Cardamom pods - 2 crushed
- Cashew - 10 roughly chopped
- Pista - 5 roughly chopped
- Sugar - 3/4 cup or to taste
How to make Vermicelli Kheer Recipe
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and lightly fry the vermicelli till golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a separate pan and fry the nuts and raisins lightly and add the fried vermicelli and mix very gently.
- Now take the milk in a large heavy bottomed pan and add sugar . Bring to a boil, add the vermicelli mixture and let the liquid return to a boil, stirring constantly .
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the vermicelli becomes soft and your pudding looks thick.