Kakrar Jhal Or Bengali Style Crab Curry
Crab is a popular dish in Sea side areas such as Bengal, Mumbai, Goa, South Indian. Because crab is easily available in those areas. Crab curry recipe is more less same in those areas.
Ingredients of Kakrar Jhal
- Small crabs 4 clean and cut the legs.
- Onion chopped 1 1/2
- Tomato chopped 1 large
- Ginger garlic paste 11/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil 1/2 cup.
How to make Kakrar Jhal Recipe
- Clean the crab and marinate them with turmeric and salt and keep aside for 10 minutes. Now heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the crab pieces.
- In the same oil add bay leaf and ginger garlic paste and sauté for 10-15 seconds. Now add the chopped onion and some salt to it and cover the pan to make the onion soft.
- When the onion becomes soft fry the onion till light brown and add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder , red chili powder and fry till separates.
- When oil starts separating add the fried crab and fry for 5 minutes along with the masala. Add 1 cup water to the pan and boil for 10 minutes.
- Gravy will not be so much. Adjust salt according to your taste. Enjoy crab curry with steamed rice.
Serving TipsCrab Curry should be served with Steamed Rice.
NotesIf you want you can add Potatoes too in this recipe. but my mom does not add any other thing in this curry. Garam masala can also be added.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.68/5
No of likes - 140