This kind of curries are always be the only Dinner/Lunch item. So it is always cooked along with Potat ,Egg and freshly ground spices,
Dak Bungalow/Bangla chicken Curry
- Take the boiled eggs and potatoes and marinate them with little salt and turmeric and keep them aside for 10 minutes.
- Now Heat oil in a large pan and fry the eggs and potatoes and keep them on a paper towel. Now finely chop 1 medium size onion and make a paste of the other one and set aside.
- Now take half of the chopped onion and fry them till light brown and put on a paper towel and let it cool. When the fried onion will be cold enough make a paste of the onion along with 2 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Now marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric, red chili, Kashmiri red chili, green chili paste, yoghurt, ginger and garlic paste, coriander powder, raw onion paste and little oil and keep aside for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours heat oil and add 1 tablespoon of ghee. Now add the whole garam masala like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods and bay leaf and fry till the fragrance comes from them.
- Now add the half of the chopped onion into the pan and some salt and fry till light brown. Now add the marinated chicken pieces and the brown onion and yoghurt paste into it and fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Now cover the pan and simmer the oven to lower medium heat for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes open the lid and add the fried potatoes and eggs and cover the pan again for another 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes open the lid and check if the chicken is cooked enough or not. If the chicken and the potatoes are cooked then higher the oven and boil the gravy on high flame for 10 minutes.
- Now pour the Dak Bunglow Chicken Curry in a large serving bowl and sprinkle nutmeg powder, mace powder and cinnamon powder and some ghee on the top of the curry and serve with steamed rice or polao or any Indian bread.