Kadai Chicken is also known as gosht karahi and kadai chicken is a Pakistani and North Indian dish noted for its spicy taste and usage of capsicum.
Kadai/Kadhai Chicken Or Karahi Murgh
- Heat oil in an wok and add whole garam masala such as bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves, black cardamom, javetry & whole coriander seeds and fry for few seconds.
- Now add finely chopped onion and on high heat fry the onion till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste to it and fry very well. Add little water to reduce the temperature of the onion.
- Now add the tomato puree to it and kepp stirring. Add the red chili pwd, black pepper pwd, turmeric pwd, cumin & coriander pwd to it and fry all the masala along with onion, ginger, garlic & tomato puree.
- After frying the masala for 1-2 minute add the chicken pieces and coat the chicken with the spice mixture.
- Now add 1 cup of water to it and cover the wok & simmer the gas till chicken becomes tender.
- Take another pan and add 1 tbsp of oil and heat it. After heating the oil add the sliced bell pepper first and fry for few mins and then add the sliced tomato and saute for 15 seconds.
- When the chicken will be tender & cooked open the cover & higher the heat and pour the fried bell pepper & tomatoes onto it and mix with the kadai chicken very well.