Chanar jeelipi is a very popular sweet in Bengal, Rajasthan & Orissa,though the form can differ significantly from place to place.
Bengali Chanar Jeelapi-Paneer Jalebi Recipe
For the Dough : For Sugar Syrup :
For the Dough :
For Sugar Syrup :
- First make a soft dough with dry milk powder, maida, baking powder & heavy cream and cover it and keep aside for 15 mins.
- In this mean time take a deep pan and add 2 cups of sugar, pinch of saffron, cardamom powder or cardamom pods and water and bring it to boil.Let the syrup boil for 5 mins. After 5 mins off the stove and keep the syrup on the stove to keep it hot.
- Take the dough and divide into 16 equal samll balls. Take a small ball and roll it into string about 8" long. Now bring one end to the middle and connect it and bring the another end to the top and connect it too.And then it will look like a jeelipi.
- Repeat this with the rest of the balls.
- Now heat oil in a frying pan and add the jeelipi one by one and fry till golden brown from both side and keep stirring not to burn them.
- Now take fried jeelipies and put them into hot syrup. When all the fried jeelipies soaked into hot syrup cool them into room temperature and serve.
See the Step-by-Step "Chhanar Jeelipi" recipe here http://tinyurl.com/k52wrq2