Jhuri Aloo Bhaja Or Grated Bengali Potato Chips
Thinly Sliced Aloo Bhaja, Jhuri Aloo bhaja. Here is the recipe of Jhuri Aloo Bhaja i.e. Very thinly grated crispy fried potato. This variantion of Aloo bhaja can be serves as evening snack also with "Masala Chai".
Ingredients of Jhuri Aloo Bhaja
- Potato (Big) 2
- Salt As per taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil For deep frying
- Curry Leaves 3-4
You may also like
How to make Jhuri Aloo Bhaja Recipe
- Peel the potatoes and grate them. Put them in a sieve and wash thoroughly under running cold water.
- Wait for sometime till the water drains put of the sieve.After sometime take a paper towel and spread the grated potatoes to soak all the water of the potato.
- Now place them in a bowl and add 1 tsp turmeric powder and mix well.
- Heat mustard oil and fry the grated potatoes in batches .Do not add too much at one go otherwise they will stick together.
- Do not add salt this time.Salt will make water to come out and the outcome will not be so crispy.Fry till it becomes crisp.
- If it starts to get brownish then lower the flame and fry so that it will not burn.
Before serving sprinkle some salt and curry leaves.
Serving TipsThis "Aloo Bhaja" goes well with any kind of Bengali Dal & Steamed Rice.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.64/5
No of likes - 334