Kalo jaam or kala jamun is a popular cheese-based dessert, similar to a dumpling, popular in countries of the Indian Subcontinent such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh.
Kalo jaam Or Kala Jamun Recipe:
Kalo jaam or kala jamun is a popular cheese-based dessert, similar to a dumpling, popular in countries of the Indian Subcontinent such as India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh. It is made mainly from milk solids, traditionally from freshly curdled milk. But I've a very shortcut recipe for this awesome Sweet, which has not very difficult,and the taste will remain the same.
Ingredients of Kalo Jaam
- Maida Or All Purpose Flour 1/3 cup
- Milk Powder - 1 cup (non-fat)
- Baking Soda - 1/8 teaspoon
- Whole milk to make the dough
- Pinch of cardamom powder & 2 cardamom pods
- Pinch of saffron
- 2-3 drops of yellow or orange food color
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup water
How to make Kalo Jaam Recipe
Making The Sugar Syrup :
- First take a pan and add granulated sugar, cardamom pods, saffron, water and place on medium heat to make a syrup.
- Boil for 5 minutes and then off the heat keep the pan on the oven to keep the syrup hot.
Making The Kalo jaam Dough :
- Now take a bowl and make a soft dough with maida, milk powder, baking soda by adding little milk at a time and keep the dough aside for 10 minutes covering with a dump cloth.
- After 10 minutes take the dough and kneed well for 2minutes and take 1/4 of the dough and add cardamom powder, food colour & powdered sugar to it and mix well.
- Now make 8 small balls from the colored dough and keep aside. Now make 8 large balls from rest of the dough and keep aside.
- Take each large ball make a hole and place a small colored ball inside the large ball and close the edges to stuff the small colored balls in side the large balls. This way male rest of the balls and keep aside.
Making Kalo Jaam :
- Heat oil in a deep wok and deep fry the stuffed balls till golden brown and take them out and place on a pepper napkin and let them cool.
- After cooling the fried balls again heat oil and fry the fried balls again till dark brown and take them out and soak them in hot syrup.
- Let the jamuns soak in syrup for 3-4 hours. After 3-4 hours refrigerate them and serve whenever you like
If you like my recipes, please go to my Facebook Page and hit the like button to get regular updates.