Bengali Chicken Curry Or Kosha Murgir Mangsho
Bengali cuisine is a culinary style originating in Bengal, a region in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent, which is now divided between West Bengal and Bangladesh. Other regions, such as Tripura, and the Barak Valley region of Assam (in India) also have large native Bengali populations and share this cuisine. Bengali Kosha Murgir Mangsho is a dry type Chicken Curry with not use of water and should be cooked in Mustard Oil.
Bengali Kosha Murgir Mangsho is a dry type Chicken Curry with not use of water and should be cooked in Mustard Oil.
Ingredients of Kosha Murgir Mangsho
- Whole cut up Chicken 1
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Large Onion chopped 2
- large Tomato chopped 1
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard oil 1/2 cup
- 1 large bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 3-4 green cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Few Fenugreek Or Methi Seeds-
How to make Kosha Murgir Mangsho Recipe
- Clean the chicken and put on a large strainer for 30mins.
- After 30 minutes take a large bowl and mix Yoghurt, Ginger Garlic paste, Cumin powder, Turmeric & Red Chili powder and then add the Chicken to the mixture and keep aside it for 2hrs.
- After 2 hours Heat the oil in a large wok and add 1 large Bay Leaf, 4 Cloves, 3-4 Green Cardamom Pods, 1 Cinnamon Stick, Methi Seeds and fry till nice fragrance come from the whole Garam Masalas.
- Now add Onions and some Salt & Sugar to it cover the onion to make soft. When the Onion becomes soft open the lid and fry the Onion on high till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now add the marinated Chicken and chopped Tomato and lower the flame and cover with lid to cook the Chicken till soft and tender. After 15-20 minutes open the lid and check the meat is cooked or not .
- If the Chicken if cooked then higher the flame and fry the Chicken till oil separates from masala. Then add 1 cups of warm water to it and cook it for 15mins.
- When the gravy thickens pour it into a large bowl and sprinkle some garam masala on it. (You may add 1 teaspoon of Ghee Or Clarified Butter to enhance the flavour, but this is totaly optional)
- Now your Bengali style "Kosha Murgir Mangsho" is ready to serve. Serve it with Roti, Paratha, Luchi Or Pulao.
Serving TipsServe it with Bengali Ghee bhat or plain rice.
NotesIf you want a dry type Chicken Curry, do not add water at the end.
Recipe Review Details
Bengali Chicken Curry Or Kosha Murgir Mangsho Bengali
Recipe Rank - 4.52/5
No of likes - 6773