Almost everyday we have leftover rice at our home. And we have to eat the rice with no taste. My mom used to make this leftover rice even more tasty in 10 minutes .
Bhat Bhaja Or Leftover Rice Polao
This was one of my favorite breakfast in childhood. I was vey choosy about my food habits. And most of the time it's being boring having Bread & Butter almost every morning. So whenever there would be some leftover rice, my mom always used to make "Bhat Bhaja" for me. I just loved it. My mom is just an "Angel" to me. she used to take only few minutes to make my favorite breakfast. Almost everyday we have leftover rice at our home. And we have to eat the rice with no taste. My mom used to make this leftover rice even more tasty in 10 minutes .So I'm giving you the magic trick of my mom to enjoy the leftover rice as breakfast.
Ingredients of Bhat Bhaja
- Rice 1 cup
- Small potato chopped 1
- Small onion chopped 1
- Green chilies chopped 2
- Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
- Penuts 1/4 cup
- Salt & sugar as per taste
- Vegetable oil or olive oil 2 tablespoons
How to make Bhat Bhaja Recipe
- Take a pan and heat oil. In that oil add chopped chilies and fry for few seconds.
- Now add the chopped onion and fry till onion becomes light brown. Add chopped potato and some salt & turmeric powder and cover for 2 minutes to cook the potatoes.
- When the potatoes became tender add peanuts and some sugar to it and fry for 2 minutes. Now add the leftover rice and mix with the veggies for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.
- You can make this dish in 2 tablespoons of Butter also.