Indo-Chinese Style Chicken Manchurian Gravy
Indian Chinese cuisine is the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian tastes. The Indian Chinese cuisine is said to have been developed by the small Chinese community that has lived in Kolkata for over a century.
Ingredients of Chicken Manchurian
For the Chicken Fries :
- Boneless chicken breasts or thigh 1/2 lb. cut into bite size pieces
- Egg 1
- Ginger & garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Salt & pepper as per taste
- Corn flour 1/2 cup
- Pinch of baking powder
- Soya Sauce 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
For Manchurian Sauce:
- Chicken stock 2 cups
- Coriander leaves chopped 1/2 cup
- Soya sauce 2 tablespoons
- Chili garlic sauce 2 tablespoons
- Green Chilies chopped 4 to 5
- Crushed black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped spring onion 1/2 cup
- Ajinomoto 1 teaspoon
- Corn flour 2 tablespoons dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger & garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
How to make Chicken Manchurian Recipe
Making the batter :
- Make a batter with egg, corn flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, soya sauce & ginger garlic paste and add the chicken pieces to it and keep the mixture for 1hr.
- After 1hr heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown and keep aside.
Making the Manchurian Sauce :
- Now heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the chopped ginger ,garlic, chili and fry till they lightly change color.
- Now add the chopped spring onion and saute and add chopped coriander and fry for a min. Reduce heat and add soya sauce,chili garlic sauce, chicken stock, sugar, salt, pepper, ajinomoto and bring it to boil.
- Now add the corn flour mixed water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the fried chicken and chopped spring onion & cook for 1-2 minutes and serve hot.
Serving TipsServe with Hakka Noodle Or Chinese Fried Rice.
NotesIf you want Manchurian as appetizer reduce the quantity of chicken stock and corn flour used in the sauce.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.58/5
No of likes - 96