Bengali White Chicken Korma Or Chicken RezalaChicken Rezala is an authentic Bengali Chicken Curry in white gravy.
This dish is only available in Bengal. You can not find only one serving of this dish in outside of Bengal. This dish was invented by the Royal Chef's of Bengal.
Steps to Prepare
- Make a smooth paste with cashew and poppy seeds in a spice grinder and keep aside to use later.
- Now take a large bowl and marinate the chicken pieces with onion paste, ginger and garlic paste, yoghurt, salt and keep aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take a nonstick pan and heat ghee and oil together. Fry the whole spices (Cinnamon sticks -2, Cloves 4-5, Green cardamom pods 4-5, Black peppercorns 8-10, Bay leaf 1) till the fragrance comes from the spices and add the marinated chicken along with the marination and cover the pan and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes open the lid and add the cashew & poppy seed paste, white pepper powder, coriander powder and sugar and mix with the chicken and cook with lid on medium heat for another 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes open the lid and boil the gravy till it becomes creamy in texture on high heat. Add kewra water and stir well and serve with naan or pulao or biryani.
Please find more gravy recipes from mykingcook.