Bengali Baked Egg Or Dimer Paturi
Paturi is the process of cooking fish/egg/prawn in mustard sauce inside a banana or plantain leaf wrap.
Ingredients of Dimer Paturi
- 4 eggs
- Green chilies - 2 finely chopped
- Black mustard seeds 1 tablespoon
- Yellow mustard seeds 2 tablespoons
- Poppy seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard oil - 2 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Dimer Paturi Recipe
- First take a bowl and break 4 eggs into it and very lightly beat them and keep aside. Now make a paste with mustard seeds, poppy seeds , green chilies & some salt.
- Take the lightly beaten eggs and add all the ingredients along with the mustard seed & poppy seeds paste and gently mix them. But do not beat the egg. Just mix it.
- Preheat the oven on 350 F. Take a baking tray and grease the tray with some mustard oil. Pour the egg mixture and place the tray into the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the baking tray and let it set for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes cut the paturi in pieces and serve with steamed rice.
- You may use tiffin box to make this recipe. Same way grease the stainless steel tiffin box and pour the mixture, close with the lid and put the box into a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 30 minutes on medium high heat.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.66/5
No of likes - 117