Luchi that is stuffed is called kochuri; kochuri stuffed with mashed peas (koraishutir kochuri) is one notable variety.
Koraishutir Kochuri/Kachori-Matar/Mutter/Fresh green pea stuffed fried Indian bread & Aloor dum or Dum Aloo
For The Peas Stuffing : For The Dough : Vegetable/Canola Oil - For deep frying For Dum Aloo :
For The Peas Stuffing :
For The Dough :
Vegetable/Canola Oil - For deep frying
For Dum Aloo :
For Peas Kachuri :
- Make a paste of peas, ginger & green chili using very little water. Add coarsely ground roasted cumin coriander, salt & sugar to the peas paste and fry the paste with little water to make a stuffing and keep aside.
- Now make a soft dough with maida, little salt, white oil & some warm water and cover it and keep aside for 1 hr.
- After 1Hr make small balls from the dough and put the stuffing into the balls and roll them with little oil to make small disk.
- Heat oil in a deep wok and fry the kachuries one by one and put on paper tissue.
For Dum Aloo :
- Peel the potatoes and prick them and put them into salty water for 1-2 hrs.
- Heat oil in a pan. After 1-2 Hrs take them out from salty water and fry them in hot oil and put them in a bowl.
- Now add some Cumin Seeds & Bay Leaf in the rest of the oil and fry for a while (if you need add some more oil into the pan). Add Chopped tomatoes and some salt to it and cover and simmer to cook the tomatoes.
- Add the masala paste (to make the paste take a small spice grinder and make a smooth paste with poppy seed, cashew, char magaj & ginger with little water.), Turmeric, Red Chili & Cumin Powder to it and fry till oil separates from masala. Add some sugar and fried potatoes to the pan and mix them with fried masala very well.
- Add the coconut milk to it and cover & simmer it till potatoes cooked. When the potatoes cooked higher the stove and dry the gravy.
- When the gravy becomes dry sprinkle garam masala and serve with hot peas kachuri.