Koraishutir Kochuri and Aloor dum
Luchi that is stuffed is called kochuri; kochuri stuffed with mashed peas (koraishutir kochuri) is one notable variety.
Ingredients of Peas Kachuri and Dum Aloo
For The Peas Stuffing :
- Sweet GreenPeas 2 Cups
- Roasted & Grinded Cumin & Coriander Seeds 2 to 3tablespoon
- Green chilies 2 to 3
- Ginger 1" long piece
- Salt and sugar as per taste
For The Dough :
- Maida 2 Cups
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable/Canola Oil 2 tablespoons
- Water to make the Dough
Vegetable/Canola Oil - For deep frying
For Dum Aloo :
- Potato (Small) 1 Lb
- Char Magaj or melon seeds 1 tablespoon
- Cashew 2 tablespoons
- Coconut Milk 2 Cups
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seed 1 Tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tablespoon
- Ginger 1" Long knobsliced
- Poppy seeds 2 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder As per taste
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Bay Leaf 1 large
- Ripe Tomatoes 1, chopped
- Vegetable Or Canola Oil -4 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Peas Kachuri and Dum Aloo Recipe
For Peas Kachuri :
- Make a paste of peas, ginger & green chili using very little water. Add coarsely ground roasted cumin coriander, salt & sugar to the peas paste and fry the paste with little water to make a stuffing and keep aside.
- Now make a soft dough with maida, little salt, white oil & some warm water and cover it and keep aside for 1 hr.
- After 1Hr make small balls from the dough and put the stuffing into the balls and roll them with little oil to make small disk.
- Heat oil in a deep wok and fry the kachuries one by one and put on paper tissue.
For Dum Aloo :
- Peel the potatoes and prick them and put them into salty water for 1-2 hrs.
- Heat oil in a pan. After 1-2 Hrs take them out from salty water and fry them in hot oil and put them in a bowl.
- Now add some Cumin Seeds & Bay Leaf in the rest of the oil and fry for a while (if you need add some more oil into the pan). Add Chopped tomatoes and some salt to it and cover and simmer to cook the tomatoes.
- Add the masala paste (to make the paste take a small spice grinder and make a smooth paste with poppy seed, cashew, char magaj & ginger with little water.), Turmeric, Red Chili & Cumin Powder to it and fry till oil separates from masala. Add some sugar and fried potatoes to the pan and mix them with fried masala very well.
- Add the coconut milk to it and cover & simmer it till potatoes cooked. When the potatoes cooked higher the stove and dry the gravy.
- When the gravy becomes dry sprinkle garam masala and serve with hot peas kachuri.
Serving TipsServe peas kachuri hot
NotesAn authentic Bengali Snacks which is made in winter when peas are available in the market. If you are using Coconut Milk Powder, Make a thick Milk from the Powder. (I used Maggie Coconut Milk Powder)
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.72/5
No of likes - 514