Narkel Naru Or Indian Coconut Confection with Sugar
Narkel Naru is a dessert from Bengal. They are ball-shaped and made from khoya/condensed milk and coconut, a traditional food during Pujas such as the Durga Puja/Lakshmi Puja, consumed throughout India. Specially for Vijaya Dashami "Narkel Naru" is must to greet the guests who visit our home during Puja.
Steps to Prepare
- Take all the ingredients in grinder and grind to make a fine paste.
- Now heat a kadai or Non-stick pan and add the mixture into the pan and continue to stir.
- Stir the mixture till it gets sticky and you can make a ball from little mixture.
- Turn off the oven and take the mixture on a flat surface.
- Now start making round shaped balls. Refrigerate the Narkel Naru and remove before serving.