Gajar Ka Halwa Or Carrot Halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa is made by placing grated carrot in a pot containing a specific amount of water, milk and sugar and then cooking while stirring regularly. It is a famous dessert which is favorite all over the Northern India. It is traditionally eaten during all of the festivals in India, mainly on the occasion of Dewali, Holi, Eid al-Fitr and Raksha Bandhan
Steps to Prepare
- Wash the carrots and peel them. Now grate the carrots and keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in it, add grated carrot and sauté for some time.
- Now add the 2 cups of Skimmed Milk into it and close the pressure cooker and Pressure cook on medium heat up to 4 whistles. Let release the pressure itself.
- When all the pressure came out open the lid and put the Cooker on medium heat to evaporate the Halwa. Add Milk Powder and sugar into the Pressure Cooker and mix with the carrot.
- Now start evaporating the excess milk and dry up the Halwa. When you will be satisfied with the texture of the Halwa turn off the oven and bring out the Halwa from the Pressure Cooker and let it cool down.
- When it will meet the room temperature sprinkle some chopped cashew and serve.