Chinese Style Lemon Chicken Recipe
Lemon Chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world which include chicken and lemon. In the Chinese restaurant, they used to serve its version of Lemon Chicken with the chicken pieces coated in batter, then deep fry them, and tossed in the lemon-glaze sauce. This is not an Indian Chinese dish. It tastes like sweet & tangy and flavored with fresh lemon leaves.
Steps to Prepare
- Take the Boneless Chicken Thighs and remove the extra fat with a sharp knife and cut into small bite size pieces.
- Now take a bowl and add all the ingredients under the heading of "Marinating" except Oil, and make a thick batter with some water if needed.
- Add the chicken pieces into the batter and coat them well. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and deep fry the batter coated chicken pieces till golden brown and keep them aside.
- Take a sauce pan and add all the ingredients under the heading of "Lemon Sauce" except Sesame seeds and mix them all together.
- Turn on the heat and place the sauce pan on the heat and bring the Sauce to a nice boil till the sauce becomes thick.
- When the Sauce is thick enough turn off the heat and keep the Lemon sauce aside. Now heat a non-stick pan and add 1 teaspoon oil in it, add the Pepper Corn for tempering.
- Fry them for few seconds, add the Sauce and the fried Chicken together and toss them to coat the fried Chicken pieces with the Lemon Sauce .
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle some Sesame Seeds on the Lemon Chicken and serve hot