Pressure Cooker Or Quick & Easy Chicken BiryaniBiryani is a rice-based dish made with spices, rice (usually basmati), and mixed with chicken, mutton etc.
But making biryani is a very lengthy process. When you do not have much time, but craving for Biryani, try this one. This is a super easy and quick recipe for chicken biryani (My version).I usually call this Bachelors' Chicken Biryani. Less ingredients but super tasty.
Steps to Prepare
- In a small grinder add Ginger, Garlic, Green Chilies, Mint Leaves, Cilantro and 1 tablespoon of water and grind to make a fine paste.
- Take a bowl add the Mint cilantro paste to it, add Yogurt, Salt, Turmeric, Tomato, Fried Onion and mix well. Now add the chicken pieces to the mixture and marinate with the mixture.
- Take a pan and heat 3 tablespoons of oil into the pan. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the pan and cover it for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes open the lid, now you can see lots of water came from the chicken.
- Evaporate all the excess water and stir fry till oil comes out from the chicken. Turn off the oven.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a Pressure Cooker and add Cloves 5 to 6, Green cardamom pods 5 to 6, Cinnamon stick 1" long stick , Black cardamom 2, Shah Jeera 1 tablespoon and some salt and fry till a nice aroma comes from the whole spices.
- Now add the soaked rice to the Cooker and fry for a minute. Add the chicken pieces to the Pressure Cooker.
- Add 1 & 3/4 cup of water into the Pressure Cooker. Pressure cook the Biryani for 2 whistle on High heat. Turn off the oven and let the pressure release itself .
- When all the pressure is released by itself, open the lid and your Biryani is ready to serve. While this dish is made with a pressure cooker, you can still make it even if you do not have one.
- All you need is a rice cooker, Dutch oven, or a large soup pot. The only adjustment you need to make for the recipe is ensuring the water you use is double the amount of rice you’re using for your biryani (example: for 1 cup of rice, you’ll need 2 cups of water).
- Cook it on medium-low heat until your chicken is done.
- If you like my recipes, go to my Facebook Page like my page for regular updates.