Indian Potato Flatbreads Or Quick & Easy Aloo Paratha
Aloo Paratha is an Indian recipe and one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout western, central and northern regions of India
Ingredients of Quick Aloo Paratha
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (dried thyme, cumin, or caraway seeds can be used to substitute)
- 1 Tbsp dry mango powder (lemon powder or lemon juice can be used to substitute)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- 2 cups all purpose flour, plus 1/2 cup for rolling Parathas
- peanut oil for frying
You may also like
How to make Quick Aloo Paratha Recipe
- Boil the Potatoes with some salt until they are well cooked. Take the potatoes out of the water and soak into cold water for 5 minutes.
- Now take the potatoes out of the water and place in a bowl. Mash them with your hand. Potatoes should be mashed finely, make sure there are no chunks inside. In the same bowl add Chopped Onion, Ginger, Green Chilies, Carom Seeds, Dry Mango Powder, Chopped Cilantro Salt and mix with the Mashed Potato. Add the All Purpose Flour into the bowl and mix with the Mash potato mixture and make a dough. If the dough feels sticky, don't worry. Just add some more flour to it and mix with the dough.
- Now heat a Griddle or Pan or Tawa. Divide the dough into medium size balls like a medium Onion. Make them round with your palm. Take a ball, dust with Flour, and roll it with a Tortilla Roller, put on a hot Pan/Tawa/Griddle, Cook side by side. When one side is cooked enough, flip the other side, apply some oil and cook both sides till they are nicely golden brown.
- Take the paratha out of the Pan and serve hot with Curd & Pickle!
Serving TipsBefore serving you can garnish the curry with handgull of chopped cilantro.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.62/5
No of likes - 13