Rosbora Or Biuli Daler Rosbora
Rosbora is very easy to make and a famous sweet of any Bengali Family. This sweet is made with Urad dal.
Ingredients of Rosbora
For the Bora/Fritters :
- Urad/Biulir Dal 1 cup
- Pinch of salt Fennel Or Snauf Or Mouri 1 tablespoon
- Soda-bi-carb 1 pinch
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup :
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water 2 1/2 cups
- Green Cardamom pods 3/4
- Saffron 1 pinch
For Jaggery Syrup :
- Molasses/Jhola Gur/Patali 3/4 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Water 3 cup
You may also like
How to make Rosbora Recipe
Make The Bora/Fritters :
- Soak overnight the Urad Dal in normal temperature of water. In the morning drain the water and grind the soaked Urad Dal with very little water to make a fine paste in your Grinder.
- But make sure the Paste should not be warm. To maintain the temperature turn on the grinder for 1 minute, grind and then turn off and wait to make the blade to cool down completely. Again turn on and grind for 1 minute, and then turn off to cool down. In this way keep the process until all the dal is ground and become a smooth paste.
- Now add pinch of salt and soda-bi-carb and beat the dal with Electric beater for 10 to 15 minutes on low speed.
- After beaten the dal paste, take a bowl of cold water and drop a very small amount of the beaten paste into the water. If the drop of the paste will floats immediately on the water surface, then your dal paste is ready to fry. If the drop sinks into the water, then you have to beat again your Dal paste.
- When your Dal paste will be ready, add the Fennel into the paste and mix. Now heat enough oil in a deep pan to deep fry the Boras.
- When the oil will be hot, take a drop of the batter and drop into the oil to check it is hot enough or not. If the drop of batter will bubbles up immediately, then the oil is ready.
- Now take some batter in your hand and add the to hot oil in ball shape. Deep fry them till they are golden brown. Strain them and place onto paper towel. In this way make the rest of the bora.
Make The Syrup :
- Now take either 1 cup of sugar and 2 1/2 cups of water OR 3/4 cup of Jaggery, 1/3 cup sugar and 3 cups of water in a pan, mix them together till the sugar/jaggery dissolves and place the pan on high heat to make syrup.
Make The Rosbora :
- When the syrup starts boiling, turn off the heat and add the fried Bora into syrup.
- Let them cool down completely and place the Rosboras inside the Refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours. (If making sugar syrup, add crashed green cardamom pods and saffron while the sugar syrup starts boiling).
- Remove the Rosboras just before the serving.
- If you like the recipe, then go to my Facebook Page and like my page for regular updates.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.42/5
No of likes - 554