Indian Style Lobster In Creamy Buttery Sauce
Lobster is a very popular seafood in Goa, India. When I was in Goa, I had a very nice and light Lobster Curry, which was named as "Lobster in Butter Sauce".
Ingredients of Butter Lobster
- Lobster 2 live Or 3 lobster tails
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Butter 2 tablespoons
- Curry leaves 1 spring
- Onion Paste 2 tablespoons
- Grated Ginger 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili paste 1/2 teaspoon
- Hung Curd 3 tablespoons
- Khoya Kheer Or Mawa Or Milk Solid grated 2 tablespoons
- Salt & sugar as per taste
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 teaspoon
How to make Butter Lobster Recipe
- Take a large vessel and boil water 3/4 of the container. Add some salt and add 2 lobsters at a time, and cover the vessel with a lid. After 5 minutes of boiling, turn off the heat and take the lobsters out of the water , and cut the shell and bring the meat out of the shell and keep aside.
- If you are not able to handle live lobsters, then use the lobster's tail. 2 tails will be enough for this recipe.
For the Lobster tails :
- But for the tails, you have to steam the tails for 10 minutes in steamer or Rice cooker and after steaming, cut the meat out of the shell and keep aside.
Making the Butter Gravy :
- Now heat oil in a pan , add the butter to it. Add Curry leave, onion paste and fry till the onion changes the color to light brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to the pan, fry for another 1-2 minutes to remove the raw flavor of the garlic.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt and green chili paste and fry for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds add hung curd and grated khoya kheer to the pan and stir on medium heat.
- Add the lobster meats to the pan and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes. After 5 minutes turn off the heat. Sprinkle some garam masala powder.
- Serve with steamed rice with a spoon full of butter on the middle of the gravy...
NotesIf Lobsters are not available, you may use Jumbo Prawns for this same recipe. Just clean the Prawns , but do not remove the head and the tail. And lightly fry with some salt and turmeric powder before making the gravy. The rest is same.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.69/5
No of likes - 440