Dal Paratha Or Indian Flatbread From Lentil Curry
Parathas can be plain or stuffed with Mashed Potato, Mashed Raddish, Mashed Cauliflower, Mashed Cottage Cheese etc. But this is not stuffed paratha. This is "Dal Paratha", which is made using leftover dal. This is a North Indian breakfast recipe.
Ingredients of Dal Paratha
- Leftover Dal 2 cups (any dal can be used, I used leftover "Mixed Dal Fry")
- Whole Wheat Flour Or Atta as much as you need to make a soft dough + 1/2 cup for dusting
- Chopped Cilantro 1 handfull
- Vegetable oil for frying
You may also like
How to make Dal Paratha Recipe
- Take the leftover dal in a non-stick pan and put on medium heat to make the dal thick. Start boiling the dal and evaporate the water as much as you can, stirring constantly. When the dal will be thick enough, turn the heat off and put the dal aside to cool it completely.
- When the dal will be completely cooled, take it in a mixing bowl and add Atta and chopped cilantro to it and make a soft dough. Adjust the quantity of atta as required. Now sprinkle few drops of oil on the surface of the dough and cover it with a dump cloth for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes divide the dough into 4 or 5 equal parts, and make the parts into small ball using your plum.
- Flatten the ball and dip it into the dry flour on both sides. Roll out the ball into a thin tortilla shaped disk.
- Place the rolled paratha on the heated skillet and cook until bubbles start to appear. Once bubbles appear, flip the paratha over and lightly spray it with cooking oil.
- Allow this side to cook for 30 seconds and flip it over once more. Again, lightly spray with cooking oil. Keep flipping and cooking the paratha until the look of raw dough is gone and it looks completely cooked.
- It should have light golden/brown spots. Keep the paratha in a covered or insulated container and repeat process for remaining parathas.
Serving TipsServe "Dal Paratha" as breakfast with pickle and seasoned curd
NotesIf you want, you can add chopped green chilies and chopped onion to the dough
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 5/5
No of likes - 39