This fritters are made from the fresh ripe juicy palm fruit. The process of making "Taler Bora" is not very easy. At first we have to take all the pulp of each palm kernels, and then boil the pulp to reduce and thicken the pulp and then have to add all the ingredients and very slowly have to fry the fritters.
Taler Bora Or Asian Sugar Palm Sweet Fritters
This fritters are made from the fresh ripe juicy palm fruit. The process of making "Taler Bora" is not very easy. At first we have to take all the pulp of each palm kernels, and then boil the pulp to reduce and thicken the pulp and then have to add all the ingredients and very slowly have to fry the fritters. I've seen in many recipe of "Taler Bora" that people are using mashed ripe bananas to the batter. But I've learnt from my "Grand Mom" that bananas should not been used in this fritters. If using bananas, the fritters will not stay for long days. You have to finish them as soon as possible. This is my "Grand Mom's" recipe, and you can trust the recipe blindly. Taler Bora Or Asian Sugar Palm Sweet Fritters "Taler Bora" is the must item for "Janmastami" Or "Lord Shri Krishna's Birthday" celebration. This special sweet fritters are made during "Janmastami" on the month of Bhadra according to Bengali calendar.
Ingredients of Taler Bora
- Tal or Asian Sweet Palm 1 medium size
- Grated coconut of whole medium size coconut or 3-4 cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Whole Wheat Flour or Atta 2 cups
- Semolina or Sooji 1 cup
How to make Taler Bora Recipe
- At first we have to separate the kernels from the palm fruit. For this you will have to remove the top portion of the palm fruit(Tal) and then tear out the fibrous portion of the fruit.
- The kernels will be easily visible now, so take them out. Pour very little amount of water on the kernels and squash out all the juice from the palm kernels.
- Now take all the pulp of the Palm and pour on a non-stick pan. Now put the pan on low heat and boil to make the pulp thick. But remember to stir constantly.
- The thickness of the pulp should be like condensed milk. When the pulp will be in condensed milk consistancy, turn off the heat and let the pulp completely cool down to the room temperature.
- Now add all the other ingredients of the list. But do not add all together. Add one by one. Add one item at a time and mix well with the thick Palm pulp.
- Now heat enough oil in a deep frying pan. Add the mixture by each tablespoon to the oil. But remember the oil should not be so hot.
- The fritters should be deep fried in low heat. This way the fritters will be cooked from the inside and will be crispy from the outside.
- When the "Taler Bora" will be golden brown in color, take them from the oil and put on a paper towel.
- Serve when the "Taler Bora" will reach the room temperature. Enjoy the "Taler Bora" in "Janmastami".