Chingrir Bati Chorchori/Teljhol Or Shrimp Curry
Chingri or Shrimp Bati Chorchori is a traditional Bengali recipe. This recipe needs very minimal ingredients and cooks in 15 minutes.
Ingredients of Chingrir Bati Chorchori
- Small Shrimps 20 to 30 pieces
- Potato 1 medium size, cut into small pieces
- Onion 1 small onion, chopped
- White mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Poppyseed 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili 3 to 4, adjust to your taste
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili powder 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Garlic clove 1
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil 4 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Chingrir Bati Chorchori Recipe
- Clean the shrimps very carefully and wash them under tap water & keep aside.
- Make a fine paste with White Mustard Seeds, Poppyseeds & garlic clove.
- Now take cleaned shrimps, potatoes, onion, turmeric, red chili powder, salt, sugar, green chilies, mustard & poppyseed paste, mustard oil & 1 cup or enough water to make a thick gravy in a medium-size heatproof Bowl or Sauce pan, cover it and place on low heat for 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes will be cooked, turn off the heat and serve hot the " Chingrir Bati Chorchori" with Steamed Rice. Enjoy..........
Serving TipsServe this dish with Steamed Rice.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.49/5
No of likes - 346