Chingri or Shrimp Bati Chorchori is a traditional Bengali recipe. This recipe needs very minimal ingredients and cooks in 15 minutes.
Chingrir Bati Chorchori/Teljhol Or Shrimp Curry
My mom's favorite recipe is this one. She loves this recipe the most in all Prawn recipes. And whenever you don't have much time to cook but tantalize your taste bud, make this quick recipe. For the simplicity of this recipe, I call this as "Bachelor's Recipe". This dish goes best with Steamed Rice. And small Shrimps are the best for this recipe. Here is the recipe... Chingri or Shrimp Bati Chorchori is a traditional Bengali recipe. This is a very easy recipe to make, but tastes awesome. This recipe needs very minimal ingredients and cooks in 15 minutes. In this recipe Shrimp/Chingri takes the main part. To make "Bati Chorchori" all ingredients are put in a Bowl which is called "Bati" in Bengali, and then cooked covered on low flame for 15-20 minutes. And Mustard Oil is the key ingredient of this recipe. In this recipe The bowl should be Aluminum bowl, and it may be replaced by medium size Sauce Pan.
Ingredients of Chingrir Bati Chorchori
- Small Shrimps 20 to 30 pieces
- Potato 1 medium size, cut into small pieces
- Onion 1 small onion, chopped
- White mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Poppyseed 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili 3 to 4, adjust to your taste
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili powder 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Garlic clove 1
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil 4 tablespoons
How to make Chingrir Bati Chorchori Recipe
- Clean the shrimps very carefully and wash them under tap water & keep aside.
- Make a fine paste with White Mustard Seeds, Poppyseeds & garlic clove.
- Now take cleaned shrimps, potatoes, onion, turmeric, red chili powder, salt, sugar, green chilies, mustard & poppyseed paste, mustard oil & 1 cup or enough water to make a thick gravy in a medium-size heatproof Bowl or Sauce pan, cover it and place on low heat for 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes will be cooked, turn off the heat and serve hot the " Chingrir Bati Chorchori" with Steamed Rice. Enjoy..........