Lassi is a savory cool yogurt based beverage popular in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri lanka, Bangladesh. Lassi is made with sour curd, black salt, sugar.
Tender Coconut Lassi/Buttermilk Or Daaber Ghol
Lassi is a savory cool yogurt based beverage popular in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri lanka, Bangladesh. Lassi is made with sour curd, black salt, sugar. Some time roasted ground cumin is added to enhance the taste. Fruits can be used to make variations. Today I'm going to share a lassi recipe which is not the traditional recipe, it's a common variation of Lassi, 'Tender Coconut Lassi/Daab Lassi' In this lassi Tender/Young coconut flesh is blended with sour curd and then it is added with the other ingredients. So lets off to the recipe....
Ingredients of Tender Coconut Lassi<
- Tender/Young Coconut Or Daab 1, cut the head, reserve the coconut water in a glass & scoop out the soft, semi solid flesh.
- Sugar 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Sour Curd 250gm
- Black Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- Rose Water 1 teaspoon Or Mint leaves 4 to 5 leaves
- Rose Petals Or Mint Leaves to garnish
How to make Tender Coconut Lassi Recipe
- Take the soft coconut flesh, sugar and blend it in a small grinder to make smooth paste.
- Now in a large grinding jar, add curd, salt, tender coconut paste, coconut water, lemon juice, rose water or mint leaves and grind all together for 2 minutes.
- Adjust salt & sugar. Take glasses, put 2 ice cubes in each glass, pour lassi into each glass, decorate with mint leaves Or rose petals.