Shahi Paneer Recipe- Learn how to make Shahi Paneer step by step on Times Food. Find all ingredients and method to cook Shahi Paneer along with preparation & cooking time.
No Onion No Garlic Microwave Shahi Paneer
Finally, I got some courage to cook in a microwave. Yes finally. I only baked, grilled in a microwave but never cooked any curry or never tried Indian recipes. But today after buying my Samsung microwave I made this recipe and you won't believe this is a super easy, less oily and delicious dish. This dish took only 30 minutes from start to serve. And most importantly this is a recipe which is without onion & garlic pure vegetarian. So no more writing, let's go to the recipe...
Ingredients of Shahi Paneer
- Paneer Or Cottage Cheese 250 gms
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Ghee Or butter 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Cloves 2
- Green cardamom pods 1
- Bay leaf 1
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili powder to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi 2 teaspoons
- Salt & sugar to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing
For the masala Paste :
- Ginger 1/2"
- Tomato 1 medium size, chopped
- Poppy seeds 2 teaspoon
- Cashew 10 pieces
- Charmogoj Or Melon seeds 1 tablespoon
How to make Shahi Paneer Recipe
- First take some water in a microwave safe bowl, add some salt and put in the microwave on 100% for 1 minute. After 1 minute remove the bowl and put the paneer into the hot water for 15 minutes. This way the paneer will be soft.
- In the meantime take all the ingredients under the heading "For the masala paste", in a small grinder, and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Take a microwave safe glass bowl, add the oil & ghee into the bowl and put inside the microwave, micro on high for 1 minute.
- Add the Cinnamon stick 1, Cloves 2, Green cardamom pods 1, Bay leaf 1, Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon in the oil, micro for another 30 seconds on 100% .
- Now bring the bowl out add the Masala Paste and mix with the oil nicely, again micro for 3 minutes on 100 %. But after 11/2 minute remove the bowl and stir, and again micro for the rest.
- You will see oil has start floating on the masala. Now add turmeric, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt & sugar to the masala. Again micro for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove the paneer block from the hot salt water and cut into the desired shape. Take the bowl out from the microwave and add paneer, 3/4 cup of warm water and again put inside the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Remove and stir in every 1 minute. After 4 minutes, remove the bowl again and add kasuri methi and micro for the last 1 minute.
- After 1 minute finally remove the bowl and serve "Shahi Paneer" with chopped cilantro on it. Enjoy.........
- If you don't have a microwave, you may cook it on stove top.
- First take some water in a bowl, add salt and put on high heat. Bring it to boil, turn off heat and put the paneer into the water for 15 minutes. This way the paneer will be soft.
- In the meantime take all the ingredients under the heading " For the masala paste", in a small grinder, and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Now take a non-stick pan, heat oil & ghee in it, add the Cinnamon stick 1, Cloves 2, Green cardamom pods 1, Bay leaf 1, Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon in the oil, and fry till nice fragrance comes from the whole spices.
- Now add the smooth masala paste, add salt & sugar and fry till oil flotes on the top. Now add turmeric, cumin powder, red chili powder and cook for another 1 minute.
- Meanwhile remove the paneer block from the hot salt water and cut into the desired shape, add paneer, 3/4 cup of warm water and bring the gravy to boil for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add Kasuri methi, check the salt & sugar and turn off the heat, serve "Shahi Paneer" with chopped cilantro on it.
Enjoy............. If you like the recipe, go to my Facebook Page and like my page for regular updates.