Chingrir Malaikari No Onion No Garlic
Jumbo Prawns are cooked in creamy Coconut gravy, without onion, garlic & tomatoes. This curry is very arometic but mild in taste. This dish should serve with Plain Steamed Rice.
Ingredients of Chingri Malaikari
For Prawns :
- Jumbo Prawns 500gms, cleaned, devine
- Lemon 1 medium
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
For Malaikari :
- Poppy Seeds 2 tablespoons
- Cashew Or Kaju 10 to 15 pieces
- Ginger 1/2" long piece
- Scraped Coconut 1 cup
- Coconut Water 1/2 cup
- Green Chili 1
- Cumin Seeds 1 teaspoon
Whole Garam Masala :
- Bay leaf 1 large
- Cinnamon Stick 1" long piece
- Clove 2
- Green Cardamom Pods 2
- Mace Or Javetry 1 petal
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Other Ingredients :
- Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoons
- Ghee Or Clarified Butter 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Sugar as per taste
You may also like
How to make Chingri Malaikari Recipe
- Take the Jumbo Prawns in a bowl, sprinkle lemon juice, salt and marinate the Prawns and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, take all the ingredients mentioned under "Malaikari" in a blender and blend to make a fine smooth paste and keep aside.
- Take a non stick bowl, heat vegetable oil, add the marinated pranws and lightly fry them . Take the lighty fried Pranws out of the pan and keep aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee & the 'Whole Garam Masalas' into the pan and fry till a nice aroma comes from the 'Whole Garam Masalas'. But don't let them get burnt.
- Add the 'Masala Paste', which you made earlier for 'Malaikari' into the pan and fry everything till oil oozes from the Masala.
- Add salt & sugar and the lightly fried Prawns into the pan and mix with the masala very carefully.
- Now heat 1 cup of water in another pan. When the water is hot add t to the pan. Let the gravy boil for 5 minutes or till gravy thickens. When the gravy will look creamy & thicken turn off the heat and serve.
If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button to get regular updates.
Serving TipsSprinke some ghee over the Malaikari & serve with Plain Steamed Rice Or Bengali Sweet Pulao.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.55/5
No of likes - 179