Chingrir Malaikari No Onion No GarlicThis types of 'No Onion No Garlic' dishes are cooked during some Bengali Occassions, where Onion & Garlic are prohibited, like Aiburo Bhat, Poite etcs. This dish was cooked in my 'Aiburo Bhat'(last lunch in maiden home before marraige). Today I'm sharing this recipe with you all to enjoy this version of 'Malaikari'.
I think Bengalis don't need any introductions for the authentic Bengali recipe 'Chingrir Malaikari'. Even many Non Bengalis are also aware of 'Chingrir Malaikari'. But still I'll give you little informations about this dish for those who does not know about the recipe. Jumbo Prawns are cooked in creamy Coconut gravy, without onion, garlic & tomatoes. This curry is very arometic but mild in taste. This dish should serve with Plain Steamed Rice. This recipe I'm sharing for Bengalis' biggest festival 'Durga Puja'.
Steps to Prepare
- Take the Jumbo Prawns in a bowl, sprinkle lemon juice, salt and marinate the Prawns and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, take all the ingredients mentioned under "Malaikari" in a blender and blend to make a fine smooth paste and keep aside.
- Take a non stick bowl, heat vegetable oil, add the marinated pranws and lightly fry them . Take the lighty fried Pranws out of the pan and keep aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee & the 'Whole Garam Masalas' into the pan and fry till a nice aroma comes from the 'Whole Garam Masalas'. But don't let them get burnt.
- Add the 'Masala Paste', which you made earlier for 'Malaikari' into the pan and fry everything till oil oozes from the Masala.
- Add salt & sugar and the lightly fried Prawns into the pan and mix with the masala very carefully.
- Now heat 1 cup of water in another pan. When the water is hot add t to the pan. Let the gravy boil for 5 minutes or till gravy thickens. When the gravy will look creamy & thicken turn off the heat and serve.
If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button to get regular updates.