Jumbo Prawns are cooked in creamy Coconut gravy, without onion, garlic & tomatoes. This curry is very arometic but mild in taste. This dish should serve with Plain Steamed Rice.
Chingrir Malaikari No Onion No Garlic
For Prawns : For Malaikari : Whole Garam Masala : Other Ingredients :
For Prawns :
For Malaikari :
Whole Garam Masala :
Other Ingredients :
- Take the Jumbo Prawns in a bowl, sprinkle lemon juice, salt and marinate the Prawns and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, take all the ingredients mentioned under "Malaikari" in a blender and blend to make a fine smooth paste and keep aside.
- Take a non stick bowl, heat vegetable oil, add the marinated pranws and lightly fry them . Take the lighty fried Pranws out of the pan and keep aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee & the 'Whole Garam Masalas' into the pan and fry till a nice aroma comes from the 'Whole Garam Masalas'. But don't let them get burnt.
- Add the 'Masala Paste', which you made earlier for 'Malaikari' into the pan and fry everything till oil oozes from the Masala.
- Add salt & sugar and the lightly fried Prawns into the pan and mix with the masala very carefully.
- Now heat 1 cup of water in another pan. When the water is hot add t to the pan. Let the gravy boil for 5 minutes or till gravy thickens. When the gravy will look creamy & thicken turn off the heat and serve.
If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button to get regular updates.