Tandoori Spice is a multipurpose spice blend. You can use the spice powder for 'Tandoori Chicken, Tandoori Paneer/Cauliflower/Potatoes etcs.
Homemade Freshly Ground Tandoori Spice Powder
Ingredients of Homemade Tandoori Spice Powder
- Whole Cumin Seeds - 4 teaspoons
- Whole Coriander Seeds - 2 teaspoons
- Whole Kashmiri Red Chili - 2 chilis (you may use 2 teaspoons of Kashmiri Red Chili Powder)
- Whole Bay Leaf - 1
- Cinnmon Stick - 1" long 2 pieces
- Green Cardamom Pods - 4
- Black Cardamom Pods - 1(only the seeds inside the pod)
- Cloves - 5
- Nutmeg Or Jaifal - 1/4 tespoon
- Mace Or Javetry - 2 petal
- Black Pepper Corn - 6
- Fennel Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi - 2 tablespoons
- Dried Whole Turmeric - 1/2" piece Or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
How to make Homemade Tandoori Spice Powder Recipe
Take a pan, put it on the low heat. Let the pan to be hot.
While the pan is hot enough add all the ingredients, dry roast on low heat till nice aroma comes from the whole spices.
When the nice aroma will come from the spices, turn off the heat and let the roasted whole spices to cool down completely.
Now take all the roasted whole spices in a small spice grinder and grind to make fine powder.
Now put the freshly ground tandoori masala in an airtight container and keep in a dark place for later use.
This spice powder can be used for 2-3 months after making it.
If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button to get regular updates.