Fish Curry is a traditional Bengali and Oriya fish curry. It is a delicacy in Bengal and is the curry made of the fish head and that's the very reason its called ghonta which means the head of the fish.
Bhetki Fish With Cauliflower & Potato Curry
Fish Curry is a traditional Bengali and Oriya fish curry. It is a delicacy in Bengal and is the curry made of the fish head and that's the very reason its called ghonta which means the head of the fish. Here I've given a Bengali traditional "Bhetki Fish" & Cauliflower curry recipe.
Ingredients of Bhetki Fish Curry
- Bhetki Fish Or Barramundi Perch 4-6 pieces
- Salt As per taste
- Turmeric powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil 4 to 6 tablespoons
- Cauliflower 8 Florets
- Potato (Big) Cut into medium size pieces
- Bay Leaves 1
- Cumin Seed 1 tsp
- Tomato chopped 2 medium
- Ginger Paste 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder As per taste
- Sugar As per taste
How to make Bhetki Fish Curry Recipe
- Clean fish pieces and marinate with 1 tsp of turmeric powder and some salt and keep aside for 1 hr.
- Cut cauliflower florets and put them into hot salty water for 30 minute. Now heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the fish till golden and put them on paper towel.
- In the same oil fry the potatoes and cauliflower and till light golden and take them out from the pan and put them on a bowl.
- If you don't have enough oil in the pan, add some and then add cumin seed and bay leaf in the oil and fry for 1 minute and add chopped tomatoes and some salt & sugar and fry till tomatoes get pulpy.
- Take a small bowl and make a paste of turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder and ginger paste with little water. Now add the paste into the pan and fry the masala till oil separates from the masala.
- When oil start separating from masala add the fried vegetables into it and fry for couple of minutes.
- Now take 2 cups of warm water and pour into the pan and cover the pan and simmer the stove and let the vegetables cook for 10 mins or till they become tender.
- After 10 minutes add the fish to the curry and higher the stove and open the lid and let the gravy boil for 5 minutes.
- After 5 mins off the stove and pour the curry into a large bowl and sprinkle some garam masala.