Baked Puff Pastry With Minced Mutton Keema Stuffing
Today I'm going to share 'Keema Kachori' with you all. And that is also in healthy version. It's baked and the stuffing is also cooked in less oil. So let's find the recipe.
Ingredients of Baked Keema Kachori
- Mutton Keema/Minced Mutton 250 gms
- Bay Leaf 1, medium
- Cinnamon stick 1" long piece
- Cloves 2
- Green & Black Cardamom Pods 2
- Javetry 2florets
- Nutmeg 1 decent pinch
- Turmeric 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Onion 1 medium size chopped
- Green chili, chopped 1 teaspoon or t taste
- Garlic, grated/finely chopped 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, grated 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cilantro, chopped 1/2 cup
For The Crust :
- All-purpose flour/maida 1cup
- Salt 1 pinch
- Clarified butter/ghee 2 tablespoons
- Lukewarm water as needed Approx. 1/2 cup
- Sunflower Oil For brushing Or Enough For Deep Frying(if frying)
You may also like
How to make Baked Keema Kachori Recipe
Making Stuffing :
- The Keema Take the mutton keema in a pressure cooker, add bay leaf, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick, turmeric, salt and 2 cups of water. Put the cooker on medium heat, cook upto 3 whistles, turn off the heat and let the pressure release itself.
- In the mean time heat oil in a pan, add onion and chopped chili and fry till the onion become soft and golden. Add some salt to taste, ginger and garlic and fry for few seconds.
- Add cumin powder and cooked mutton along with the water if there is some water in the cooker. Now keep stirring to make the mutton stuffing dry. It will take atleast 10 minutes. When the stuffing will be ready, add the chopped cilantro and turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
Making The Crust/Outer Part :
- In the meantime make the crust. Take the flour, salt, ghee and mix in a bowl. Add warm water little amount at a time, not add to much at one time.
- Kneed well to make a firm dough. The dough should be little tighter than the Chapati Dough. Apply few drops of oil on the dough and cover the dough with a clean plastic wrap.
- Leave the dough for aside for 10 minutes.
Making The Kachoris :
- Make 6 equal portions of the Dough. Make 6 equal round balls of the Stuffing too. Take each portion of the Dough, roll them to make a puri size circle, put 1 Mava ball in the center, pull the edges of the dough to wrap the filling.
- Press the Kachoris on the top to flatten the Kachoris. Make the rests and keep aside covered with clean plastic wrap.
Baking The Kachoris :
- Pre-heat the oven in 180C Or 375F for 2 minutes.
- Grease a baking pan with little oil, arrange the kachoris on the greased pan, put inside the pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes or the Kachoris become nice Golden in color. take the Kachoris out of the oven and serve hot with Ketchup.
- Frying The Kachoris :
- Take a deep frying pan, add enough oil/ghee in the pan, put on low heat. Right now add 2/3 Kachoris into the oil, and fry till the Kachoris become nice golden in color. Kachoris must be fried in warm oil to make crispy. So remember to make your oil warm not hot. And do not add more than 2/3 at a time.
- Take each Kachoris out of the oil/ghee and put onto a paper towel. Fry rest of the Kachoris in the same way.
Serving TipsServe hot or you may store them for max 2 days. Put in 180C pre heated oven for 30 seconds before serving.
NotesYou may use chicken keema too. You may pack the kachoris for your kids' lunch box.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.49/5
No of likes - 59