Dhaba Style Makhni Murgh Or Murgh Makkhanwala
2016 is the most important year of my life. This year became my life's most eventful year. The 1st surprise I got in the beginning month of this year. I felt a tiny life inside me. Then after 9 months, a cute little baby boy came to my life and took me on the top of the world. Becoming mother is the most precious gift of God. After that got a call from Dabur Hommade, they want to send me a gift hamper. And last week they send it to me. It is a huge box filled with Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic Paste, Dabur Hommade Tamarind paste, Dabur Hommade Tomato Puree, Dabur Hommade Coconut milk, Dabur Red Paste (which I always use since my childhood), Dabur Chavanprash(my hubby's favourite) and 6 bottles of Hot Capsico Sauce.' Honestly I never use store bought Ginger Garlic Paste, but belive me after using Dabur's I'll never going to make ginger garlic paste at home. So I decide to make ‘Dhabe Di Murgh Makkhanwala', using some of the ingredients. Today I'm going to share my version of 'Dhabe Di Murgh Makkhanwala' with you.
2016 is the most important year of my life. This year became my life's most eventful year. The 1st surprise I got in the beginning month of this year. I felt a tiny life inside me. Then after 9 months, a cute little baby boy came to my life and took me on the top of the world. Becoming mother is the most precious gift of God.
Ingredients of Dhabe Di Murgh Makkhanwala
For Marination Of Chicken:
- Chicken leg & thigh pieces 6 pieces
- Curd 1cup
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder to taste
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon (I used hommade)
- Cumin & coriander powder 1 teaspoon each
- Salt 1teaspoon
- Lemon 1
- Kasuri Methi 2tablespoons
For The Makkhni Sauce :
- Butter 4 tablespoons
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Cloves 2
- Green Cardamom 2
- Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tablespoons
- Dabur Hommade Tomato Puree 1 cup
- Kaju 10 pieces, make a smooth paste with little water
- Kasuri Methi 3 tablespoons
- Fresh Cream 1/2 cup
- Dabur Honey 1 teaspoon
You may also like
How to make Dhabe Di Murgh Makkhanwala Recipe
- Take a bowl, add curd, turmeric, cumin coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, salt, lemon juice & kasuri methi and mix well.
- Now marinade the chicken pieces with the mixture and keep aside for at least 2 hours. Now take a non-stick pan and melt some butter into it.
- Now add the marinated chicken into the pan and roast till the meat is cooked enough. Keep the leftover marination if there is any.
- Take the roasted chicken out of the pan and keep aside. You may grill the chicken too in the microwave.
Making the sauce :
- In the same pan, heat 4 tablespoons of butter and melt it. Now add Dabur Hommade Ginger Garlic paste to it and fry for few second. Now add the leftover marination and keep stirring.
- Add Dabur Hommade Tomato Puree and keep cooking till oil separates from the spice mixture. Now add salt, Dabur honey and kaju paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup water and the cooked chicken into the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- After 5 minutes open the cover and add the fresh cream. Boil the gravy for another 2 minutes and sprinkle kasuri methi & turn off the heat.
- Keep the pan covered for another 15 minutes & serve hot with Rice or Roti. May sprinkle some chopped cilantro and fresh cream before serving.
Serving TipsServe with Indian Flat bread or Rice and cucumber salad.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.58/5
No of likes - 12