No Onion Garlic Hinger Aloor Dom or Baby Potato Curry
Hinger Aloor Dom is a very famous Bengali veg curry which should be served with Luchi/Kochuri. This type of aloor dom is cooked without onion and garlic. And a special type of masala is prepared for this Aloor Dom. Baby potaotes are used to made this Aloor Dom. For puja prasad this Aloor Dom is prepared and devoted to God. My Grand mom(my mom's mom) used to make for Puja days. Find the recipe of her famous "Aloor Dom" .
Hinger Aloor Dom is a very famous Bengali veg curry which should be served with Luchi/Kochuri. This type of aloor dom is cooked without onion and garlic. And a special type of masala is prepared for this Aloor Dom.
Ingredients of Hinger Aloor Dom
- Baby Potato 500gms (use halved big potatoes if baby potatoes are not available in market)
- Mustard Oil 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Cuminb Seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay Leaf 2
- Hing 1/4 teaspoon
- Aloor Dom Masala
- Sugar to taste
For Aloor Dom Masala :
- Tomato 2 medium size
- Ginger 1" long
- Cumin 1 tablespoon
- Coriander 1 teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Dry whole red chili 2 deseeded
You may also like
How to make Hinger Aloor Dom Recipe
- First take all the unpeeled potatoes, prick with fork and put in a pressure cooker with little salt and pressure cook till 1 whistle. Turn off the gas and keep aside till the pressure released itself.
- Now open the lid and take the potatoes out of the cooker and put into cold water filled bowl. Peel the potatoes and keep aside for later use.
- Now take the ingredients for "Aloor Dom Masala" and grind it to make a fine paste.
- Take a Big wok or pan and heat the mustard oil in it. Temper the hot oil with bay leaf, cumin seeds and hing. Now add the "Aloor Dom Masal" into the pan and some salt and sugar and keep stirring
- with a spatula on medium heat. sprinkle some water if needed. Keep stirring the spice mixture till the raw smell of the ingredients goes off. Now add turemric powder and mix well with the spice mixture.
- Now add the boiled potatoes to the spice mixture and coat the potatoes with the spices nicely.
- In the meantime, heat some 1cup water and add into the wok or pan, boil the Aloor Dom on high heat till the gravy becomes thick. We bengalis says it, the gravy should be like "Ga Makha Makha'.
- Cover the pan for 10 minutes and then serve with Luchi/puri/paratha/kochuri.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.6/5
No of likes - 101