This simply seasoned broccoli rice is a low-carb replacement for rice in stir-fries and can also be used in veggie tacos or grain bowls.
Stir Fried Rice With Brocoli
Today I've come with a super easy and quick one pot rice meal. My baby boy is 8months old and I'm super busy with him. Cooking became really a tough job for me so. But have to cook, can't live on outside food. And I've to cook for my baby too, as I'm giving him only homemade food, no cerelac or anything else. This one pot rice dish can be cooked with leftover rice, no need of Basmati rice, though can be cooked with Basmati rice for the guests. If brocoli is not available, cauliflower can be used too. So here is the recipe...
Ingredients of Brocoli Rice
- Brocoli/cauliflower cut the florets in medium size 2 cups
- Vegetable oil 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Ghee/butter 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ginger 1 teaspoon, grated
- Salt n sugar as per taste
- Cooked rice 2 cups( regular per boiled rice or basmati rice)
How to make Brocoli Rice Recipe
- Take a pan, boil some water with some salt. When the water will be start boiling add the brocoli/cauliflower florets, turn off the heat, rest it in the water for 5 minutes.
- Now take the brocoli/cauliflower and discard the water.
- Now heat the oil in an wok, fry the brocoli/cauliflower till nice golden brown, take them out of the pan and keep aside. In the same oil add the ghee/butter, temper the oil with cumin seeds and grated ginger, add the fried brocoli/cauliflower, salt and sugar and coat the brocoli well.
- Now add the cooked rice to the pan and carefully mix everything very well.
- Check the salt and sugar, add if needed. Cover the wok with a lid and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Serve as it is or any Indian veg/non-veg curries.