Bengali Sweet Curd
mishti doi recipe, Bengali sweet yogurt or curd recipe with step by step photo/video. a traditional Bengali cuisine or Bengali dessert from evaporated milk
Ingredients of Bengali Misti Doi
- Full fat cow milk 1 litter
- Sugar 1 cup (adjust to your taste
- Sugar 2tablespoon for making caramel
- Earthen pot to set the curd
- Curd 2 tablespoons
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
How to make Bengali Misti Doi Recipe
- First take the whole milk, add the 1 cup of sugar, mix well and boil in a pan till the milk comes to 1/2 of the total quantity.
- In the meantime make the caramel by heating 2 tablespoons of sugar and few drops of water in another small pan, boil till the sugar dissolve and turn into golden brown colour.
- Let the milk to cool down to luke warm and then add the caramel well.
- Take the Earthen pot, wash under tap water, sun dry it. Now apply the normal curd & ghee in the pot and apply yhe curd all inside wall of the pot.
- Pour the luke warm sugar milk into the pot. cover the pot with a lid.
- Now there is a trick to get store bought Misti Doi.
- Take a towel, place the pot at the center of the towel, and wrap the pot with the towel very well.
- Put the towel wrapped pot in a dark place of the kitchen undisturbed for overnight to set.
- Next morning you will find the Misti Doi exactly like store bought.
- Enjoy or may keep inside the fridge for have chilled doi, tastes better actually.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.71/5
No of likes - 34