Tal kheer and taler malpoa(in bengali it's called malpoa or malpo not malpua) were in my to do list for my blog. But As I stay in Hyderabad could not able to get tal or Asian plam fruit outside of West Bengal. But in our recent tour to Warrangal(Telengana) I found a tal during a temple visit named Ramappa Temple. There was a big garden in front of the Temple. And lots of Tal tree were there. And thank God for our visit during monsoon, I able to get a fresh ripe tal from the Garden
Ingredients of Tal Kheer
- Tal pulp 2 cups(see Taler Bora recipe, how to take the tal pulp out of the tal)
- Sugar 1/2 cup or to taste
- Whole milk 1 liter
- Grated coconut 1 cup
- Crushed fennel seeds 1 tablespoon
- Green cardamom pods 2, crushed
You may also like
How to make Tal Kheer Recipe
- Take the tal pulp, sugar, crushed fennel and cardamom pods in a heavy bottomed pan, mix everything and put the pan on medium heat. Keep stirring the mixture with a spatula to prevent it burning at the bottom.
- We have to evaporate the excess water of the pulp by boiling it on low heat. on the other side boil the whole milk to make it also thicken.1 litre milk will be 1/2 liter by boiling.
- When the pulp will be thicken enough add the thick milk into the pulp and mix and again start boiling. Boil everything till it comes to mud like consistency.
- Now add the grated coconut to the milk and pulp mixture, stir well and turn off the heat. Your kheer is ready.
- Now let the kheer cool down completely and put inside the refrigerator for 2 hours before serve.
- Serve chilled and relish every spoon of Tal Kheer.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 5/5
No of likes - 14