Tal Kheer or Asian Plam Fruit PuddingTal kheer and taler malpoa(in bengali it's called malpoa or malpo not malpua) were in my to do list for my blog. But As I stay in Hyderabad could not able to get tal or Asian plam fruit outside of West Bengal. But in our recent tour to Warrangal(Telengana) I found a tal during a temple visit named Ramappa Temple. There was a big garden in front of the Temple. And lots of Tal tree were there. And thank God for our visit during monsoon, I able to get a fresh ripe tal from the Garden. I shamelessly took the tal and walk out from the Temple and nobody asked me anything :) . So didn't delay a day at all. Just a day after returning to Hyderabad I prepared Tal items using the super juicy and sweet tal. Today I'm sharing the Tal Kheer recipe. Soon will share the Malpoa recipe with you....
Steps to Prepare
- Take the tal pulp, sugar, crushed fennel and cardamom pods in a heavy bottomed pan, mix everything and put the pan on medium heat. Keep stirring the mixture with a spatula to prevent it burning at the bottom.
- We have to evaporate the excess water of the pulp by boiling it on low heat. on the other side boil the whole milk to make it also thicken.1 litre milk will be 1/2 liter by boiling.
- When the pulp will be thicken enough add the thick milk into the pulp and mix and again start boiling. Boil everything till it comes to mud like consistency.
- Now add the grated coconut to the milk and pulp mixture, stir well and turn off the heat. Your kheer is ready.
- Now let the kheer cool down completely and put inside the refrigerator for 2 hours before serve.
- Serve chilled and relish every spoon of Tal Kheer.