Indian Style Atta & Ajwain Biscuits
I'm an average baker, only few basic goodies I can bake. Never tried any experimental baking. But when my baby's Pediatric asked me to give my 11months old baby Marie Or Parle G biscuits,
Ingredients of Indian Tea Biscuits
- Atta of whole wheat flour 1 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder 14 teaspoon
- Ajwain Or Carom seeds 1 teaspoon
- Bworn sugar, ground in grinder 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter, at room temperature 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract few drops
- Milk as required
- Cookie cutter or simple steel katori with sharp edge
You may also like
How to make Indian Tea Biscuits Recipe
- Take the atta, salt, baking powder n baking soda in a siever and sieve well in a large bowl.
- In another mixing bowl mix butter, sugar, vanilla extract with a hand mixer for couple of minutes.
- Now pour the atta mixture to the butter bowl and mix everything to make a crumbly firm dough. Add milk to make to dough smooth.
- Now cover the dough with a cling plastic wrap and leave aside for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree celcious.
- Take the cookie dough and thinly roll with a rolling pin. 1/2 inch thickness will be enough. Cut the cookies in desired shapes you want. If you can't find anything to cut into shapes, just cut in rectangular shapes with a knife.
- Place the cookies on a butter greased cookie sheet, bake for 15 to 20 minutes or untill the cookies turn golden borwn in color. The time and temperature may vary from oven to oven and on the size of the cookies.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and keep till they cool down completely. Remember the cookies will be crispy only after cool down completely.
- Enjoy with tea/coffee/milk.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.7/5
No of likes - 267