Instant Chanadal & Condensed Milk Burfi
Today I'm going to share a dessert recipe after longtime, becuase of my little monkey who is about to complete his 12th month. I've been very busy for the whole day for him. So couldn't able to make any sweet as making sweets is a very time consuming job itself. But as "Ganpati" is coming to bless us within 2 days, how can I stop myself to make some quick & easy sweets to welcome him.
Ingredients of Chanadal Burfi
- Chana Dal/Bengal gram 1/2 cup, washed and soaked for overnight
- Saffron soaked whole milk 1 cup
- Green cardamom 1/2 teaspoon, crushed
- Desi Ghee(I've used Amul Ghee) 2 tablespoons
- Chopped nuts of your choice(I've taken cashew, almond, pistachio) 1/2 cup
- Condensed Milk (I've used milkmaid) 1/2 cup
- Sugar(optional) 2 tablespoons
- Chopped pista for garnishing
You may also like
How to make Chanadal Burfi Recipe
- Take the soaked chanadal and the saffron soaked milk in a pressure cooker and cook for 4 to 5 whistles or till the dal is cooked enough. Now let it cool down completely.
- After cooling down completely, put the boiled chanadal in a blender along with the milk and make a smooth paste of it. The paste will be nice yellowish color.
- In the meantime grease a plate with little ghee and keep aside.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in it. But just heat n melt it, don't make the ghee too hot. Add the chopped nuts to the pan and fry for few seconds.
- Now add the chanadal paste to the pan and keep stirring with a spatula for couple of minutes. Add the Milkmaid's condensed milk and mix with the chanadal paste.
- Stir continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and comes together. Check if the mixture is sticky type.
- If yes then turn off the gas and spread the chanadal mixture on the ghee greased plate and make the top even with a flat spoon/knife or a back of a bowl. I've used a bowl to make the flat surface.
- Now leave the mixture under fan to cool down completely.
- After cooling down the mixture, cut into desired shapes. Sprinkle chopped pista and serve.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.62/5
No of likes - 117