Instant Chanadal & Condensed Milk BurfiToday I'm going to share a dessert recipe after longtime, becuase of my little monkey who is about to complete his 12th month. I've been very busy for the whole day for him. So couldn't able to make any sweet as making sweets is a very time consuming job itself. But as "Ganpati" is coming to bless us within 2 days, how can I stop myself to make some quick & easy sweets to welcome him. Currently we are staying in Hyderabad for my husband's job, and you must know in "Ganpati" celebrations Hyderabad is in 2nd position in India. In fact in our apartment complex it is been celebrated too. So thought of making something for 'Gonu Bappa'. And I'm going to share my first ever recipe video with it. Please subscribe my youtube channel for the recipe. And here is the written one.
Steps to Prepare
- Take the soaked chanadal and the saffron soaked milk in a pressure cooker and cook for 4 to 5 whistles or till the dal is cooked enough. Now let it cool down completely.
- After cooling down completely, put the boiled chanadal in a blender along with the milk and make a smooth paste of it. The paste will be nice yellowish color.
- In the meantime grease a plate with little ghee and keep aside.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in it. But just heat n melt it, don't make the ghee too hot. Add the chopped nuts to the pan and fry for few seconds.
- Now add the chanadal paste to the pan and keep stirring with a spatula for couple of minutes. Add the Milkmaid's condensed milk and mix with the chanadal paste.
- Stir continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and comes together. Check if the mixture is sticky type.
- If yes then turn off the gas and spread the chanadal mixture on the ghee greased plate and make the top even with a flat spoon/knife or a back of a bowl. I've used a bowl to make the flat surface.
- Now leave the mixture under fan to cool down completely.
- After cooling down the mixture, cut into desired shapes. Sprinkle chopped pista and serve.