Eggless Strawberry Linzer Cookies
Linzer cookies are traditionally Austrian Holiday cookies made during Winter holidays. As it's time for fresh Berries like Raspberry, strawberry, black berries, blue berries etc etc. So traditionally these cookies are made with nuts and all purpose flour and filled the inner part is filled with freshly made berry preserves. So I also tried to follow the tradition and made the cookies walnut & almond flour but instead of all purpose flour I've used whole wheat flour as my 15 months will going to
Ingredients of Egg less Linzer Cookies
- Whole wheat flour 1 cup
- Almond and walnut blanched, dried1/2 cup
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Salted butter 1/2 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk as needed to make the dough
- Homemade strawberry preserve 1/2 cup for the filling (you may use store bought jam also)
- Powdered sugar for sprinkle on the cookies
You may also like
How to make Egg less Linzer Cookies Recipe
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator 1 hour before making cookies. We need the soften butter not melted.
- Take a grinder, add blanched walnut, almond & cinnamon stick and coarsely ground them together. Don't over grind the nut, they will start releasing oil.
- Now take a bowl, put the soften butter & brown sugar and beat together for 5 minutes. Now take another bowl, add wheat flour, almond walnut cinnamon flour, salt & baking powder.
- Mix everything with a spatula. Now add the flour mixture to the butter and mix everything together to form a firm dough. Add little milk as required to make the firm dough.
- Now cover the cookie dough with a cling wrap and put inside the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to convection mode on 200 degree Celsius for 5 minutes.
- Now remove the dough and on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out using 3 inch cookie cutter and place on prepared baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart. Using a 1 inch cookie cutter cut out the centers of half of the rounds, re-rolling the scraps. Bake the bottoms and the tops (the ones with the holes) on separate cookie sheets.
- Bake them for 10 minutes at 180 degree or until the cookies turn nicely golden in color. Remove them from the oven and put on cooling rack.
- When the tops have partially cool, dust them generously with powdered sugar.
- Spread about ¾ teaspoon of preserves on each cookie without holes.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.17/5
No of likes - 6