Eggless Tutti Fruity Shortbread Cookies For Christmas
Christmas is about to come, it's just 2 weeks away. So baking mode is on. Almost everyday I'm baking some goodies. Either it's cake or cookies or savory goodies. I love to gift my friends, relatives, my maid all homemade goodies. So my father. He every year makes almost 12 to 15 cakes and distribute them among friends/relatives/maids. !5 days before Christmas he goes to New Market for the baking items.
Ingredients of Tutti Fruity Shortbread Cookies
- All purpose flour or Maida 1 cup
- Salt 1 decent pinch
- Baking powder 1/2 tablespoon
- Tutti fruity(any color) 1/2 cup
- Salted butter(I've used Amul butter) 1/2 of the 100gm bar
- Sugar (use icing if not available, use grinder to grind to powdered sugar) 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence 1/2 teaspoon
You may also like
How to make Tutti Fruity Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator 1 hour before preparation. Now take a bowl, add the soften butter, sugar & vanilla essence and with a electric beater beat everything until smooth & fluffy.
- In another bowl, place a large strainer, add flour, baking powder & salt and strain together into the bowl. In this way the dry ingredients will be mix well. Sprinkle the tutti fruity on the flour mixture.
- Now add the flour mixture into the butter bowl and mix everything to form a soft dough.
- Now roll out the dough like a cylinder , flatten the both ends. Take a plastic cling wrap and cover the cylinder shaped dough and try to give rectangular shape for square shaped cookies. If you want round shaped cookies then no need to give the dough square shape.
- Now put the dough inside the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Or you may keep this inside for the day, if you want to make the cookies on next day.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius for 5 minutes. This must be before you remove the dough from refrigerator.
- After 1 hour remove the dough, unwrap it and slice with a sharp knife about 1" thick.
- Place the sliced cookies on a greased baking tray and place into the preheated for at least 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies looks nice golden in color.
- Remove the baked hot cookies from oven and put on a cooling rack to cool down completely.
- After cooling down enjoy the cookies or store in an Airtight container.
- Note : If you feel your dough is gooey, add little flour to the dough. If feel the dough is dry, add milk to make it moist.
- You can add any fruit flavore in your cookies instead of vanilla.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.44/5
No of likes - 36