Eggless Tutti Fruity Shortbread Cookies For ChristmasChristmas is about to come, it's just 2 weeks away. So baking mode is on. Almost everyday I'm baking some goodies. Either it's cake or cookies or savory goodies. I love to gift my friends, relatives, my maid all homemade goodies. So my father. He every year makes almost 12 to 15 cakes and distribute them among friends/relatives/maids. !5 days before Christmas he goes to New Market for the baking items.
We has no Microwave, but he uses electric cake oven for baking. It takes time but he bakes the cakes with patience. So I've also inherited this quality from him and makes my own goodies at home for distribution. I'll bake someday for the street child in future. Any way today I'm going to share my latest recipe of a Karachi Bakery famous Tutti Fruity Shortbread Cookies, which I'm going to share with my 11 co-blogger friends of 'Soups to Sweets' Facebook page. This is a very easy recipe for making quick cookies. Let's check for the recipe...
Steps to Prepare
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator 1 hour before preparation. Now take a bowl, add the soften butter, sugar & vanilla essence and with a electric beater beat everything until smooth & fluffy.
- In another bowl, place a large strainer, add flour, baking powder & salt and strain together into the bowl. In this way the dry ingredients will be mix well. Sprinkle the tutti fruity on the flour mixture.
- Now add the flour mixture into the butter bowl and mix everything to form a soft dough.
- Now roll out the dough like a cylinder , flatten the both ends. Take a plastic cling wrap and cover the cylinder shaped dough and try to give rectangular shape for square shaped cookies. If you want round shaped cookies then no need to give the dough square shape.
- Now put the dough inside the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Or you may keep this inside for the day, if you want to make the cookies on next day.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius for 5 minutes. This must be before you remove the dough from refrigerator.
- After 1 hour remove the dough, unwrap it and slice with a sharp knife about 1" thick.
- Place the sliced cookies on a greased baking tray and place into the preheated for at least 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies looks nice golden in color.
- Remove the baked hot cookies from oven and put on a cooling rack to cool down completely.
- After cooling down enjoy the cookies or store in an Airtight container.
- Note : If you feel your dough is gooey, add little flour to the dough. If feel the dough is dry, add milk to make it moist.
- You can add any fruit flavore in your cookies instead of vanilla.