Cauliflower Rice Or Phoolkopir Bhat
Winter is around the corner. And the winter veggies are all ready in the market. Like cauliflower, cabbage, radish, big bhrata brinjal, fresh spinach and many more. And all vegetables look so fresh in winter, whatever it is. That's why I like winter so much. And prepare hot vegetable dishes and having them with family is like we are celebrating winter everyday. I prefer to make different types of Rice items using different vegetables which are mostly one pot meal. Can be served with raita and pickle. As I cooked today Cauliflower rice and paneer lababdar along with raita and semaiyan kheer. And my little one relished the meal, he asked for more after finishing his own plate. I'm sure you are gonna love this item. In this recipe medium sized cauliflower floaters are cooked in onion tomato based gravy and then cooked with basmati rice. You can easily skip basmati rice with Gobindo bhog. And the dish will be more flavorful. Let's see the recipe below...
In this recipe medium sized cauliflower floaters are cooked in onion tomato based gravy and then cooked with basmati rice. You can easily skip basmati rice with Gobindo bhog.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower 1, medium size, cut the floaters and boiled in hot salted water
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaf 1
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Cloves 2, crushed
- Cardamom pods 2, crushed
- Onion 1 medium, finely sliced
- Tomato 1, medium chopped
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Biryani powder 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Basmati rice 2 cups (wash and soaked in tap water for 30 minutes)
- Warm water 4 cups
How to make Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Take a large pan heat oil, fry the cauliflower floaters till they turned into nice golden brown in color. Take them out of the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add ghee, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods and lightly fry till nice fragrance comes, add sliced onion, little salt and keep frying till the onion looks light golden in color.
- In the meantime take a bowl, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric and biryani masala, little water and make a paste. Add the paste to the pan and keep stirring. Add the fried cauliflower and mix with the spices nicely.
- Now strain the basmati rice and add it to the pan and keep mixing with the cauliflower mixture for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups warm water to the pan, check for salt, add some if required, and cover the pan for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes your Cauliflower rice will be ready.
- Serve hot with raita and any veg or non veg curry.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 3/5
No of likes - 101