This jhol is a must item in almost every bie bari lunch menu, which is made with Paka pona, that should be over than 3 kgs Rohu or katla fish. In this jhol, very little ingredients are used and the jhol taste delicious. Today I'm going t share the typical Bie barir jhol recipe with you all. Then you're never going to miss the bie barir machher jhol any more.
This jhol is a must item in almost every bie bari lunch menu, which is made with Paka pona, that should be over than 3 kgs Rohu or katla fish. In this jhol, very little ingredients are used and the jhol taste delicious.
Ingredients of Bie Barir Macher Jhol
- Rohu or katla fish 4 big pieces
- Mustard oil 4 tablespoons
- Potato 2, medium size, peeled and cut into lengthwise
- Panch foron 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric 1/2+1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon or more, adjust to your taste
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
You may also like
How to make Bie Barir Macher Jhol Recipe
- Take the fish pieces, wash under tap water, pat dry and marinate with salt and turmeric and keep aside.
- Now take a kadai, heat 2 tablespoons oil till smokes, add marinated fish pieces, 2 at a time, fry till golden and take the fish and keep aside.
- Take a small bowl, add ginger paste, turmeric, cumin powder, red chili powder, kashmiri red chili powder & little water, and make a paste.
- In the same kadai add rest 2 tablespoons oil and temper the oil with panch foron. Now add potatoes and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger and spices paste which you made earlier, and salt. Keep stirring till the smell of raw ginger goes off.
- Add the fried fish and 11/2 cup warm water to the pan, cover the kadai and let the jhol cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the cover, check for salt, add if need and turn off the heat.
- Serve Bier barir paka ponar jhol with Gorom bhat or hot steamed rice. Enjoy...
Serving TipsServe hot with steamed rice with a piece of lime.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 3/5
No of likes - 11