Gondhoraj Flavored Ice Cream
Who doesn't love ice cream, soft melt in mouth frozen cream is everyone's favorite. Mine as well. And I always prefer the dairy product made ice cream, either using fresh cream or milk. Like others, my 3 years son is also an ice cream lover. He always wants a picture of ice cream in his hands. Asks me all the time 'Mamma please I want an ice cream', but I really don't want him to eat the store bought, as I always prefer making things at home as many as I can. I make ghee, butter, jam, bread, biscuits, chocolates at home only. So in summer I prepare some ice creams at home, whatever it may be, Popsicle or scoop. And he prefers any kind of. In this way I can be aware of the hygiene part too. This time I thought of making something different, like Gondhoraj Ice cream. As in Hyderabad Gondhoraj lebu is not easily available, but we visited Kolkata in April, so brought a bag full of Gondhoraj Lebu from there. So the problem of availability was solved. And I made this Ice cream. I shoot the video also, so it'll be easier to follow the steps. It took a bit longer to edit and post the recipe on my blog. But worth waiting. So let's check for the recipe.
This is a 3 ingredients, no churn ice cream, Gondhoraj lime flavor infused, and most importantly without ice cream maker. This can be easily made at home.
Ingredients of Gondhoaj Ice Cream
- Fresh cream 1 cup
- Juice of 1 Gondhoraj Lime
- Condensed milk 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar 1/4 cup
- Zest of Gondhoraj Lime 2 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Gondhoaj Ice Cream Recipe
- Take the Fresh Cream in a bowl, and add the powdered sugar to it, and beat both for sometimes, till nice pick of the cream forms.
- Now add Gondhoraj lime juice to it, and condensed milk and beat again for couple of minutes.
- Now take a cake pan, where you're going to set the ice cream, pour the ice cream mixture, sprinkle the Gondhoraj Lime Zest on the mixture, cover the pan with aluminium foil and put inside the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the pan, pour the mixture in a bowl and beat everything again for couple of minutes, and again transfer the mixture to the cake pan, cover it and keep inside the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove whenever you want to have the Ice cream, scoop it and enjoy.
Serving TipsServe chilled with llime zest on the top.
NotesIf you can get kafir lime, you can use it instead of Gondhoraj Lime.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 3.1/5
No of likes - 452