How KENT Helps You Make Pasta from Scratch
It's impossible to think of Italian cuisine without a mouth-watering plate of pasta and some garlic bread to go along. On those super hard weeknights, a beloved bowl of pasta can come to your rescue. There's no denying the fact that it is easily the ultimate comfort food. Just bung in your favourite veggies, simmer the sauce, sprinkle some cheese, and you're good to go! Pasta is one dish that can please even the fussiest eaters. Made with flour, pasta can be formed into strips, sheets or any other shape. In fact, you'll find over hundreds of pasta shapes across the world. The different varieties of pasta include penne, spaghetti, farfalle, gnocchi, fettuccine and many others.
KENT Noodle and Pasta Maker is an innovative appliance which not only enables you to enjoy freshly prepared pasta but also operates in the most hygienic way to offer both health and hygiene to your loved ones. This modern noodle making machine comes with automatic mixing, kneading and extruding operation to get hygienic and fresh pasta, noodles, momos and gujiya in less than 10 minutes. It comes with 7 different shaping dies that can be used for making pasta of various sizes and shapes like macaroni, linguine and tagliatelle. With this noodles making machine, you can even customise flavours by using various types of flour and adding ingredients like herbs, vegetable juices, eggs, etc.
This appliance is not only easy to assemble, but its compact design also makes it incredibly easy to operate, clean and store. This is how you make pasta from scratch to get that perfect plate every time:
- Press and gently lift the container lid to open the mixing container. Add approximately 500 grams or 2 cups of flour.
- Close the lid of the pasta maker and ensure that it is locked properly in place.
- Plug in the machine and press the ‘MIX’ button or ‘Auto’ button to start the appliance.
- Add around 2 cups of water for 2 cups of flour. Make sure you don’t add the water before you turn the KENT Noodle & Pasta Maker on.
- If you had previously pressed the ‘MIX’ mode, then now you need to press the ‘Extrude’ button, to extrude the pasta. But in case of ‘Auto’, there’s no reason to press any button.
Now to cook creamy tomato pasta you created with the help of Noodle & Pasta Maker, follow these steps:
- Start by heating olive oil in a non-stick pan. Then add 4 to 5 cloves of garlic and sauté the mixture for two minutes.
- Then add crushed red chilies to the mixture and blend. Now add tomato puree and tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt as per your taste, followed by oregano. Now add roughly chopped basil leaves and mix it well and keep cooking till the tomatoes appear pulpy.
- To add creaminess to the pasta, add white sauce and mix it well. Now for some tangy effect, add tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Now add the homemade pasta to the sauce and cook for two minutes. Adjust more seasonings or salt if required
- Grate some parmesan cheese and add it generously all over the dish and mix well.
- Now you can transfer the pasta to serving bowl and serve hot topped with basil leaves, olives and crushed red chilies.
There are a ton of benefits in making your own pasta at home! Not only it just takes 10 minutes, but it’s also a healthier option. Moreover, a noodles making machine enables you to pick any flour, flavor, colour and shape as per your preference.
By Anamika Karmakar, a passionate freelance photographer on her way to making the world a more beautiful place to live in.