Indian Style Stuffed Tomato With Fish Stuffing
Today I'm going to share a recipe of Stuffed Tomato. Tomatoes will be stuffed with a spicy boneless fish stuffing and baked with cheese. This is a very unique recipe for a dinner menu. This dish should serve as a stater or Appetizer.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tomato
- Big tomatoes - 6
- White fish fillets (Tilapia/Sea Bass/Flounder) - 1 cut into pieces (I used Sea Bass)
- Potato - 1 small boiled and mashed
- Onion 1 medium size finely chopped
- Ginger & Garlic Paste 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilies 1 or 2 chopped (Adjust to your taste)
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1/2 tespoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander 1 handfull
- Salt as per taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Grated Mozzarella cheese 1 cup
You may also like
How to make Stuffed Tomato Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped Onion, Green Chili, Ginger, Garlic and fry till the Onion becomes soft. When the onion is soft add Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander, Salt,and Fish and mix with the masala. *
- Cover the pan and lower the heat to cook the fish properly.When the fish is cooked enough open the lid and higher the heat.
- Now add mashed potato, garam masala & chopped coriander and make the mixture very smooth with a spatula. Now let the stuffing to be cool.
- In the meantime wash the tomatoes and slice each tomatoes at the top. Scoop out seeds and keep the tomato cup and top aside Now take each tomato and carefully fill the tomato cup with fish stuffing, sprinkle with some grated cheese, cover with the top and secure with tooth-picks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Place the stuffed tomatoes on a baking tray and bake for 20 mins. Remove the tooth-picks and serve hot.
- * If you want you can boil the fish fillets before adding them into the pan. Boil the Fish with 2 cups of water & 1/2 teaspoon of Salt. Take them out of the water and let them cool. After cooling down add them into the pan and cook along with the Onion and other spices. Rest of the recipe will be same.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.67/5
No of likes - 15