Rava dosa is a very popular version of Dosa which is a South Indian crepe. Rava means semolina or suji.
Instant Onion Rava Dosa Recipe
Rava dosa is a very popular version of Dosa which is a South Indian crepe. Rava means semolina or suji. This is a very quick n easy Dosa for South Indian breakfast. This dosa can be served with any chutney like coconut or tomato chutney. Rava Dosa is a very popular Breakfast in south India. But every time pre-planning is not possible. So this instant version is for them only who suddenly crave for a nice breakfast with dosa. And the most important thing is Rava Dosa is most easily diagestible. When I was in the hospital of Chennai they gave me Rava Dosa for breakfast.
Ingredients of Rava Dosa
- Sooji Or Semolina Or Rava 1/2 cup
- Rice flour 1/4 cup
- Maida1/4 cup
- Onion 1 medium chopped
- Green chili chopped 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seed 1 teaspoon
- Pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander 1/2 cup
- Water 2 cups
How to make Rava Dosa Recipe
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients along with three flours and make a thin batter. Make sure there is no lumps in the batter.
- Now heat a tawa or griddle(electric griddle is also fine) on medium high. Sprinkle few drops of water to check the tawa or griddle is hot. If the water sizzles the tawa is hot then. Wipe the tawa or griddle with few drops of oil.
- Pour the batter with ladle on the skillet in a circular motion starting from the periphery to the center. Keep pouring the batter till it covers the whole skillet.(pour the batter on the skillet from about 3 to 4 inches height.
- Don’t try to spread the batter otherwise the characteristic and appearance of Rava Dosa will not come. Rava Dosa should have holes like swiss cheese or have lacy look.)
- Sprinkle few oil all over the dosa. Cook dosa on medium high untill it becomes golden brown. Remove the dosa from tawa or griddle and serve with cutney or sambar.