Rohu Fish RezalaRohu is a most used fish in West Bengal in daily meal and Rezala is an authentic Moghlai Dish which was invented by the Royal chefs of Bengal.
Here I have made a new creation with the fish in rezala curry. Rohu Fish cooked in a mild but tasty creamy gravy. This Curry goes well with any kind of Rice. And can be served in a party menu.
Steps to Prepare
- Marinate the fish pieces with lemon juice and salt and keep aside for 5 minutes. Now take a pan and heat oil in it and fry the fish pieces and put on a paper towel.
- Now take a bowl and make a mixture of curd, ginger garlic paste, onion paste, coriander powder, cashew & poppy seed paste, salt and sugar and marinate the fried fish in this mixture.
- Now add ghee in the remaining oil and add the whole spices (Cinnamon stick, Cloves ,Cardamom pods ,Bay leaf, Peppercorns) and fry till fragrance come from them .
- Add the marinated fish pieces along with the curd mixture into the pan and cover it. When oil starts coming from the masala mixture higher the gas and reduce the gravy to make a thick creamy texture.
- Add few drops of kewra essence and serve "Fish Rezala" with polao or fried rice.