Green Peas Pulao or Matar Pilaf/Pulav
Peas Pilaf (also known as pilau, peleau and plov) is a dish in which rice is cooked in a whole garam masala seasoned broth with green peas.
Ingredients of Peas Polao
- Basmati Rice 1 cup
- Bay Leaves 1
- Butter/Melted Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom pods 4
- Cinnamon 1"long stick
- Cloves 4
- Ginger Grated 1 tablespoon
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste
- Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoons
- Water 1 1/3 cup
- Whole Shah Jeera 1 teaspoon
You may also like
How to make Peas Polao Recipe
- Take basmati rice in a bowl and wash it gentely and soak for 30 mins.
- Heat oil and ghee in a preasure cooker and add bay leaf, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves & shahi jeera and fry till smell comes out from the garam masala.
- Add grated ginger & green peas and fry for 30 sec and add the rice and stir very carefully because basmati rice is too soft, they could break easily.
- Then add salt and sugar and the water and close the cooker and higher the heat and wait for 2 whistles.
- After 2 whistles keep the cooker in another place and let it cool for 10 mins. After 10mins open the lid and serve the pulao with any veg or non-veg curry.
- If you nevere tried cooking rice in Pressure Cooker, it will be little difficult for you to cook for the first time for your guest. Better, try 2/3 times before you are confident enough to cook it for yur guests.
- At that time you may try another way to make your favourite peas pulao.
- Take a large sauce-pan and boil 5 cups water in it. When the water will start boiling, add the rice and cooked till 80% rice is cooked. Strain the rice and spread onto 2 dinner plates. or on a large serving tray.
- Heat oil & ghee in a preasure cooker and add bay leaf, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and shahi jeera and fry till smell comes out from the garam masala.
- Add grated ginger and green peas and fry for 30 sec and add the rice and stir very carefully because basmati rice is too soft, they could break easily.
- Carefully toss everything together. Adjust salt and sugar to taste. Add some extra ghee from the top to get your pulao little more aromatic.
- Serve hot....
Serving TipsServe this rice with any Vegetarian Or Non-Vegetarian Curry.
NotesIf you do not have pressure cooker at your home, make this rice in a large pot, just double the amount of the water. Rice:Water will be 1:2. and cook on a low heat for 20-30 minutes. If you are using Rice Cooker, follow the instructions to make your regular rice and make it.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.43/5
No of likes - 166