Spicy South Indian Lemon Rice Recipe
Lemon rice is an authentic South Indian rice dish. This is one variety of Pulihora a common dish of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka. Puli means sour taste.
Ingredients of Lemon Rice
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons
- Roasted Chana Dal - 1 tablespoon
- Dried red chili - 2/3
- Chopped green chili - 2
- Black Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Grated ginger - 1 teaspoon
- Few springs of curry leaf
- Hing Pinch of
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooked Basmati Or Sona Masoori rice - 2 cups
- Lemon Juice of - 1 large lemon
- Dry roasted peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste
You may also like
How to make Lemon Rice Recipe
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry the roasted chana dal little bit and keep aside. In the same oil fry the red chilies and the green chilies and keep them aside.
- Add some mustard seeds into the oil. When they start popping add the grated ginger, hing, curry leaves, turmeric powder & salt and fry for 2-3 seconds.
- Now add the cooked rice and the lemon juice and mix all together very well. Now add the roasted peanuts, chana dal, green and red chilies and toss well until they mix together.
- Serve hot the lemon rice with papad , fried potatoes.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.58/5
No of likes - 201