Chicken Bhuna Masala/Bhuna Murgh Recipe
The word Bhuna is used to describe the process where spices are fried gently to bring out their flavors . The chicken bhuna curry that I've given the recipe of below is an extension to this cooking method.
Ingredients of Chicken Bhuna Masala
- Chicken Boneless 1 lb Or 500 gms
- Butter/Melted Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tablespoon
- Garlic(Minced) 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste 1 tablespoon
- Green chili 2 Julienne
- Onion 1 Large sliced
- Red Chilli Powder As per taste
- Salt As per taste
- Tomato (Sliced) 1
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil 1/2 cup
- Unsweetend Full Fat Yoghurt 2 Cups well beaten
How to make Chicken Bhuna Masala Recipe
- Marinate the chicken pieces with yoghurt, ginger, turmeric, red chili, green chili, garam masala powder & salt. Keep aside the marinated chicken for 1-2hr.
- Now take a non-stick pan and heat the oil and ghee together. Add garlic paste to the oil and after 1-2 second immediately add the sliced onion. Don't burn the garlic.
- Fry the onion till golden and add the marinated chicken and put the heat on high. Lots of water will come out from the chicken. So keep stirring and evaporate all the water of the chicken till oil separates from the masala.
- When oil starts separating from masala off the heat and place the 'Bhuna Chicken' on a serving bowl and garnish it with sliced tomatoes and chilies.
Serving TipsThis dry chicken should serve with Lachha Paratha or Kulcha. You can add some lime juice on it.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.6/5
No of likes - 174